Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

New servos noisy/grinding?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 07:51 PM
bduffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New servos noisy/grinding?

I just received a new XF631 system. Two of the four 537BB servos are dead quiet in operation-the throttle makes more noise going through the detents than the throttle servo. As new in the box, the throttle and aileron servos are perfectly quiet; the rudder and elevator servos are noticeably louder and make a kind of grinding sound as they move. What's the deal?
Thanks,
Bill Duffel
Old 09-13-2004, 09:49 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New servos noisy/grinding?

It is normal for servos to make noise under a load, if the other 2 servos are not making any noise, it is because there isn't much if any load on the servo. If they are making a grinding noise, perhaps there is something wrong with the gear train. You can send them in for a check up to be certain.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:41 PM
bduffel

Danny,
Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe "Grinding" is a little much. The radio is brand new, just ordered through the LHS and received Friday. They are still sitting in the styro box-no load. Two are almost silent-just a little faint whir when actuating. The other two make a slightly louder, almost "growling" sound. I hate to have to send them in before even installing them, but would hate to take a chance on losing a servo in flight. If necesary to send them, can I just send the two servos or should I ship the whole system back?
Thanks,
Bill Duffel
Old 09-14-2004, 10:37 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will make noise, the more load the more noise there will be. If you install them and something is wrong, you should be able to see this in movement of the surfaces. If you do send them in, you would only need to send in the servos in question.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:03 PM
wannnarace

Check out ur gears thats what was wrong with mine i had the same prob..