Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

6102 flaps

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Quick 1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6102 flaps

Here is the situation. When in normal mode the flap switch worked well with no issues. But I need differential that is in flaperon mode and I am unable to get the flaps to work on the flap switch. They want to move with the ailerons. I'm in a serious crunch cause this plane is scheduled to fly in a rally this weekend and we are madiening it thursday. Reason for procrastination is I live in tenn. And the plane was in ohio argh. Any help from anyone is appreciated.

Regard's Jim and Jon Heim
Old 09-15-2004, 04:38 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 6102 flaps

Channel 6 becomes a second aileron channel in flaperon mode. It sounds like you have seperate flaps and ailerons, if this is the case, in the switch selection menu, select the flap switch for the gear channel, inhibit the flap (if you do not want the ailerons to work as flaps, and plug your flaps into channel 5.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:08 AM
usmcflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Danny,

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but here's my question: On my 6102 and H9 Super Cub, the wing has seperate ailerons and seperate flaps (4 servos), so could you please explain how I connect the ailerons and seperate flaps? If I connect aileron servos on seperate channels (to be able to get differential) then how can I connect the flap servos so as to get elevator deflection when they are deployed?

I only see two options so far:

option 1. Use the "flaperon" wing type and set up the seperate flaps on a y-harness and operate them on the gear channel (but then I won't be able to add elevator deflection, or could I by mixing the gear channel to elevator channel?), or

option 2. Use the "normal" wing, hook up the ailerons on a y-harness to the aileron channel (and set up differential when I mount the servo arms) and connect the flaps with a y-harness to channel 6 (so I can deflect the elevator when ever flaps are deployed as the Hanger 9 manual suggests).

Basically, I want to be able to adjust the aileron servos independently, not use them as flaps, and have the flaps deployed (with elevator mixed) by flipping a switch for landing or takeoff. This seems like it should be pretty easy to setup, but I seem to be program illiterate!

Thanks,

Kenny
Old 01-03-2005, 10:26 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could set up either method. Yes, you could set up a gear to elevator mix to have elevator compensation when the flaps are deployed.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:04 AM
usmcflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Danny,

I went ahead and set it up as "flaperon wing," mixed the gear to elevator in MIX1, and it seems to work exactly as I need it.

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Kenny