Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dead JR 652

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 06:00 PM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead JR 652

After a session at the flying field, I came home an unloaded my equipment. At that time I told a friend to please put my 652 on my Lil Trickler. Yesterday when I checked on the radio in order to do a voltage test I noticed that it had been plugged into a Futaba lead (and yes the leads were marked..go figure). Well, when I turned on the switch, you guessed it .....dead. My question is, is the system junk now? How badly will this error mess up a radio? The offending party has offered to pay for the repairs if it is worth fixing (and no, I'm not going to have him pay for it, it was mistake..period) Please advise.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:26 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dead JR 652

Best case scenario is that the 3A fuse has blown, medium case scenario is that the 5V Voltage Regulator has blown as well as a small diode, worst case scenario is that it will have taken out the processor.

Check the fuse first as this is the easiest and cheapest. If the fise is okay then you will have to send it in to Horizon. Here in the UK the cost of repairing the regulator & diode and giving the set a complete checkover is in the region of GBP 20 -25 ( approx USD 36 - 45 ). What Horizon will charge is dependant on their pricing structure, so you would need to contact their service centre.

If its worst case scenario then the probability of them having spare processor pcb's I would estimate as low ( its an old set ). In that case it may well be an economical write off.

BUT saying that, 90% of the Futaba'd sets I get in fall into the quick and easy( and cheap ) repair category, 9% are the fuse ( guy didnt check the fuse before he sent it in ) and 1% are in the R.I.P. category.

[8D]