Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 issue: mixing elevator to flap through the gear channel

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 03:54 PM
teryn1
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 issue: mixing elevator to flap through the gear channel

Hello,

I am mixing elevator as a slave to the gear channel. I have re-assigned the gear to activate from the flap 3-position switch. When I lower the flaps (plugged into the gear channel with y-harness) with the reassigned flap 3-position switch, the first position is retracted, second is partially down, and third is all the way down. However, the elevator only moves its programmed movement when the flap toggle switch is movied from the second to third position. Ideally, I would want the elevator to move a bit from position 1 to 2, and then from 2 to 3, in synchronization with the flap. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Teryn
Old 09-27-2004, 09:15 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9303 issue: mixing elevator to flap through the gear channel

In the set up you are describing, the only way to do this would be to input a percentage in both positions, and if you want the servo centered in the switch up position, to recenter the elevator servo after entering the percentage in the mix. If you need a lot of travel adjust on the elevator channel this may not be a good option. What are you using the flap channel for, channel 6? It may be possible to activate the flap system function in device select and then enter in the amount of elevator you want in each position.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:42 PM
teryn1

Hi Danny:

The reason my setup with the 9303 is so weird is because I am bringing over the setup from an 8103 radio. Flap channel (aux 1 I believe) is used for the other aileron.

-T
Old 09-27-2004, 01:27 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could set up the second aileron channel in the wing type function with the dual aileron function and swap plugs in the receiver. Or you can turn the trim off in device select, set the flap to SYS also in device select, then go to the function menu and enter the flap sys function, set the flap values to 0, and then set the elevator rates as desired.
Old 09-27-2004, 08:57 PM
teryn1

thanks, I switched the plugs on the receiver.