Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 6102 vs 621 buddy box help needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 04:32 PM
gbcross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 6102 vs 621 buddy box help needed

Master JR 6102 in flapperon mode with 2 aileron servos (left ch 6 and right aileron ch ?) with the standard flapperon wing type.
Slave JR 621 in flapperon mode.

The slave only works 1 aileron servo (right one) and with the slave aileron stick in the middle the right servo moves way off center and more than the sub-trim can adjust for.

Do I need to do a manual mix on the 6102 with the aileron servos plugged into channels aileron ? and gear 5 to be able to use the 621 as a slave box ? It seems I need to get the left aileron channel the same between Tx's.

Thanks in advance
Jerry, Michigan
Old 10-04-2004, 04:27 AM
gbcross

Default RE: JR 6102 vs 621 buddy box help needed

Correction to first post:
The slave is a JR 421 (5channel) not a 621.

First post - still need help....
Master JR 6102 in flapperon mode with 2 aileron servos (left ch 6 and right aileron ch ?) with the standard flapperon wing type.
Slave JR 621 in flapperon mode.

The slave only works 1 aileron servo (right one) and with the slave aileron stick in the middle the right servo moves way off center and more than
the sub-trim can adjust for.

Do I need to do a manual mix on the 6102 with the aileron servos plugged into channels aileron ? and gear 5 to be able to use the 621 as a slave
box ? It seems I need to get the left aileron channel the same between Tx's.

Thanks in advance
Jerry, Michigan
Old 10-04-2004, 07:15 AM
twistr
My Feedback: (4)

I'm still new to this, but the 4 channel radio will not do flaperons because the flaperon setup takes one more channel than this TX has. I have my Sig Kadet Sr setup with flaperons on my 6102 and cannot buddy box with my 421EX.

Danny, is there another way that I'm oblivious to?
Old 10-05-2004, 04:35 AM
gbcross

The jr manual shows the 421 as a 5 channel radio.
Extra channel is the upper right toggle switch.
With the tx we can enter the system mode and turn on Flapperon as wing type.

I think it will do a dual servo wing but have not tried it as we just want to use it as a buddy box.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:36 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the 6102, set the trainer system to pilot link master. Then the slave system doesn't need to be set up for the model. Without doing this and just using the standard trainer function, be sure to zero the flap channel travel in the 631 in at least one flap switch position (if not both).

The 421 does have the flaperon function, but places the second aileron channel on to channel 5 rather than 6 as is the case with 6 channel and above systems. So in a trainer set up, they will not match each other and won't work. But if you have the 6102, you can use the pilot link master function.