Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Rudder-throttle mix on Twins

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rudder-throttle mix on Twins

Danny,

I am programming a JR 8103 with a 770 PCM receiver for a twin and I want to mix throttle with rudder to reduce power on the engine in the direction of the rudder. This would be used for knife edge and flat spins.

I have throttles set up on 2 channels, 1 & 7 using mix 5 to get trim. When I program reductions on mix 1 & 2, the throttle reduction with rudder is works fine with ch 7, but with ch 1, I get it commanding ch 7 also since it is mixed, giving me reduction on both throttle channels.

Is there a way to have throttle as a slave without having it also send a command down stream as a master? Or is there some other way to mix rudder to separate throttles?
Old 10-06-2004, 03:26 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rudder-throttle mix on Twins

The best "workaround" I am able to come up with for this is to use a program mix to cancel the rudder to throttle mix on the aux 2 channel. Do this in your rudder to aux 2 (spoi) mix, and in the direction rudder that you do not want the aux 2 channel to move with rudder (that is moving due to the include mixing on the throttle to aux 2 mix) set up an equal but opposite percentage to the rudder to throttle mix. This mix if in mix 1 or 2 will look like a V curve on the mix screen. On the servo monitor on this system I still see a very slight movement of the aux 2 channel, but it may just be this system as it needs to be re-calibrated.