Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Pulling my hair out-trying to get dual ail. servos right w XF631

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 07:45 AM
bduffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling my hair out-trying to get dual ail. servos right w XF631

Hello Danny,
I am trying to get dual ail. servos working on a Cub with XF631 and 537BB servos, with a R700 receiver.

I installed everything, zeroed the flap travel with the switch up & down per the instructions and switched to flaperon mix. The ail. travel adjustment works on the right aileron, but the flap travel in the flaps up position has to be adjusted to get the left ail travel adjusted. I wanted more down-travel than up-travel on each aileron. Is this possible with this radio? I can get it on the aileron channel (right aileron), but can't on the left aileron. Also, I had to reverse both the ail. and flap travels, otherwise they're backwards. If the flap channel isn't reversed the ail. control stick moves the ailerons up and down together. Setup the way I have had it, the flap switch operates what I consider intuitively backwards, ie: you pull the switch up to lower the flaps and push the switch down to raise the flaps.

So, the best I have been able to achieve is the system operating mostly properly, but with the up and down travels for both ailerons equal and the flap switch seeming backwards, without being able to adjust the travel of the left aileron.

I am about ready to pull it all out, tear-off and resheet the wing, install a single servo and forget the flapperons. Any better ideas? I am feeling way dumber than the radio right now.

Thanks,
Bill Duffel
[email protected]
Old 10-19-2004, 03:48 PM
bduffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pulling my hair out-trying to get dual ail. servos right w XF631

BTT
Old 10-20-2004, 10:07 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pulling my hair out-trying to get dual ail. servos right w XF631

To mix ailerons, you will use the flaperon function of the 631. This will mix channels 2 and 6 together. You will need to access the system mode of the transmitter, scroll through the menu until you get to wing type selection. Then turn on the flaperon function there. Then you will need to zero the travel adjustment of channel 6 to eliminate the flap switch and properly center the servos. If you wish to have the ailerons work as flaps, only zero the flap travel with the switch in the position that will move the ailerons up. Set up the servo plugged into channel 6 mechanically to get the throw required, then set up the servo plugged into channel 2 mechanically the same, and use the aileron channel travel adjust to make it match the servo in channel 6 if required. To reverse the direction of the flap travel, swap the channels that the servos are plugged into the receiver.