Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 programing new choke switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Tricktrack
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 programing new choke switch

I had another post on this but forgot to put it was for the 8103.

Sillyness has responded to the other one, I am not quite following that response, I am not finding the codes for inhibiting.

I would like to program my choke servo to a different switch than my gear switch and still use channel 5. I would most likely use the program mix switch or the Aux 3 knob if possible. Can this be done in the airplane mode or do I have to go into the heli mode or something like that. Sillyness was explaining the use of the throttle curve and that looks as if it is in the heli mode.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:06 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 8103 programing new choke switch

To use the aux 3 knob you could mix aux 3 to gear, and set the rates as needed, maybe +100% in both directions of the aux 3 pot, assuming that you are not using the aux 3 channel for any functions. Another option would be to set up a gear to gear mix, assign it to the switch of your choice, and set the rates as needed.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Tricktrack
My Feedback: (2)

Danny, I was trying to do a gear to gear mix and assign it to a different switch but was running into the gear switch still operating as well. What is your suggestion for that?
Old 10-19-2004, 12:24 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Sorry man... I thought you had a 10X. I used to have an 8103, but I can't remember enough to be helpful.

Cheers
Old 10-20-2004, 09:31 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a couple options there, but the easiest for this application is to first go to your program mix that you set up, press select until the arrow points at offset, and press clear. This will enter an offset in the mix, which will make it work after inhibiting the gear switch. Since you are only running a choke servo the easiest way to deactivate the gear switch is to go to travel adjust and zero the gear channel travel in both switch positions. The other option is to set up another gear to gear mix, leave the SW on and set the rates to -100 in both switch positions.