Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dual Elevators as well as 4 Aileron Servos with the 6102

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 02:59 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Elevators as well as 4 Aileron Servos with the 6102

Hi all. I'm considering using a 6102 for my Great Planes Pitts and I want to make sure I can set-up dual elevator servos as well as 4 aileron servos easily enough. I had an 8103 before with this set-up and it worked well.

Does the 6102 have the same capabilites as the 8103 mix wise?

Thanks in advance!

Spence
Old 01-31-2005, 10:18 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dual Elevators as well as 4 Aileron Servos with the 6102

smaze

I can answer that

Yes the 6102 will do that.

you need to inhibit the gear switch, then plug one elevator into the elevator channel then the other one into the gear channel

Now setup the programable mix #4, you need to use the mix as it is the only one that allows the trim to work for both servos and setup the mix to go from elevator to gear. Then the percentages in the mix need to be both at +100. This will then allow the elevators to work together and the trim will work both servos. You most likely will have to reverse either the gear or elevator servo in the radio.

For the ailerons I am assuming you have a Y cable for each side so you have only 2 cable to go to the receiver. That being the case, then plug the right ailerons into the aileron channel and the left ailerons into the AUX1 channel. Make sure your wing type is set to flaperon and you should be good to go.

This is not a very detailed explanation and I am assuming you know how to inhibit the gear switch. Once that is done the rest is easy.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:41 PM
tdang2k
My Feedback: (12)

For the ailerons I am assuming you have a Y cable for each side so you have only 2 cable to go to the receiver. That being the case, then plug the right ailerons into the aileron channel and the left ailerons into the AUX1 channel. Make sure your wing type is set to flaperon and you should be good to go.

Bill,
I tried this set up on my JR 10X and discovered that the servos from the Aux responded slower than the one plugged in the Air channel. If you move the stick slowly you may not see the difference, but if you move it fast, it is very visible. Of course, all servos are the same. Someone mentioned that Ch 1 to 5 have a higher resolution than channels 6 and above. Is it correct?
tdang
Old 02-01-2005, 08:31 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tdang2k

Bill,
I tried this set up on my JR 10X and discovered that the servos from the Aux responded slower than the one plugged in the Air channel. If you move the stick slowly you may not see the difference, but if you move it fast, it is very visible. Of course, all servos are the same. Someone mentioned that Ch 1 to 5 have a higher resolution than channels 6 and above. Is it correct?
tdang
I really could not answer that with any certainty unfortunatley I do not work for JR. I answered because I do know the setup that was asked for is possible because I am doing the same thing (With Danny's help) on multiple monoplanes and will be doing it with my Sundancer as soon as I finish it plus I saw that Danny had not had a chance to get answer the question. He's probably busy.

I can say from experience that I have never noticed that on my 6102 but I will check this more closely, Thanks . I use digital (the other brand name) servos on most everything and program them seperately for centering and end points. I also set the servo travel to 130% on all channels in the radio before programming the servos. That gives me 100% resolution. The only time I have noticed any resolution probem is when I mess up and do not use heavy duty extensions or even worse yet, use one heavy duty extension on one side and a standard on the other. Tore what's left of my hair out over this one for a few hours.

Hope this helps some

BTW...Please note I am not trying to sound rude here...I just reread the post and it sounds as though I was being a little rude. That was not my intention.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:19 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

thanks for the info guys. how about just plugging all four aileron servos into one matchbox, then plugging the matchbox into the aileron channel? this seems like it might be the easiest way to accomplish this.

what do you guys think?
Old 02-01-2005, 02:56 PM
tdang2k
My Feedback: (12)

smaze17!
I never tried matchbox before but assume it should works; especially with your radio where you want 4 servos for one function and the radio has limited available channels. Also, I don't know if the matchbox can reverse the servo in case you want to set up for dual elevator?
With a JR10X, I figure we should be able to utilize all the AUX channels since they are there. I owned this JR10X for a long time but did not know that ch 1 to 5 work faster (faster response time from the microprocessor!) than ch 6 to 10 until recently! This is an extremely important factor but the manual doesn't say anything about it! That's ridiculous!
Tdang
Old 02-07-2005, 10:15 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is not true on the channel speed. Channels 9 and 10 are updated half as often as the other 8, so they should not be used on a primary flight control surface, but channels 1-8 are all updated at the same rate and are the same speed.