Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

pcm9x manual ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 05:52 AM
2.6mrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcm9x manual ??

i purchased a pcm9x radio september 2003 and still waiting for a manual to turn up for it a have contacted the dealer in australia but they have no answer,in our group there are 4 guys waiting like me. so was a bit peaved to see a 9x version 2 come out. as i upgrade my radio every 2 years it is a bit hard to sell this without the manual, rod
Old 03-24-2005, 10:14 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: pcm9x manual ??

The 9X system is not available in the US, so we do not have a manual available for it. I would recommend you contact O'Reilly if you haven't already, the number I have listed for them is 61-8-8351-0544. The only other option may be to try to contact MacGregor in the UK to see if they have one available, their number is 01753-549111.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Rod,

My intention is to do a re-write of the current 9X manual but with the information from the 9XII. Historically speaking, when JR produce a new set, they are sent out to the major Importers with the Japanese manual. Now Horizon ( who have a good support team ) re-write the manual into English, then they send it back to JR in Japan. JR then reproduce the manual for all of their sets. This time however, Horizon did not take the 9X on board as they felt it wasn't too much of an upgrade over the 3810 ( 8103 ). Hence No Horizon manual for the 9X.

From the 9X, the 9303 was born for the USA market and from this the 9XII. The 9303 and 9XII share all the major functionality apart from the usual regional variants. Hence again, no officiaal 9XII manual.

MacGregors used ( with the permission of Horizon ) elements of the 9303 manual to write the 9XII manual. And I now intend to use the 9XII manual to do a rewrite of the 9X manual.

If you need the first version of the 9X manual, there are quite a few places on the web where a scanned copy exists or if you look at the South African dealer, in their download section, you will find the original Macgregor manual.

Phew !!!!

If you need anything else, just pm me......
Old 04-05-2005, 02:53 AM
flyin44

Also from Down Under. I too did not receive a manual and have downloaded the McGreggor manual....But. it leaves out a whole lot of programming. Compared to the older 388 manual the new manaul is pretty much useless for anything other than basic set ups. Tells you you can, but not how. The previous was brilliant although at 98 pages bulky. The UK manual is much smaller.

I fly among other things turbines and when you get to 12-14 servos with all sorts of mixing some documented help would be great. Spent literally hours figuring out specific requirements.
As this was one of the top of the range units when they came out I consider the lack of decent manual deporable. Enough to make me change back to the other brand in fact!

Are there any third party books available ?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Regrettably, as far as I am aware, there are no 3rd party books for the 9X. When we received the 9X's from JR, we found that there was not an English manual available. This is how I found out about the process of the Horizon manuals.

We were being put under pressure to get these 9X;s out ASAP, both by the shops and customers. That manual was written in a rush to meet the demand. Hence it being severely limited in its content.

If , in the meantime, you need better explanations for some of the functions, if you go to MacGregors and gave a look at the 9XII manual. Not all of the functions are availanle on the 9X but whats left covers the 9X.

http://www.macgregor.co.uk/radio/PCM9XII.pdf

[8D]
Old 04-06-2005, 12:50 AM
freestyln

http://www.modelflight.com.au/d/PCM9x%20Manual.pdf

That should help ya!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:00 AM
2.6mrod

thanks for the help guys
regards rod
Old 04-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Mac_Man_UK

That link is for the original "fast release" version. So its not comprehensive.....

[8D]
Old 04-07-2005, 08:26 PM
flyin44

Thanks M.M. that helped. The section re assigning switches is more clearly defined in the new manual.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:37 AM
rcdart

Does anyone know if you can use the FM switch and the D/R switches at the same time? I have the FM sw controlling the rates, but would at time Like to have FM pos 0 (rudd/ele/ail all low rate) but then just select high rate (3D) elevator??

Mick
Old 04-11-2005, 08:51 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use FM's and dual rates at the same time, but if you do, the rates are not combined on the flight mode switch, only the dual rate switches will control the rates.