Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Flap/landing switch on dual elevator servo

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 09:16 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flap/landing switch on dual elevator servo

Danny,

I have a 9303A radio and I have my Funtana90 setup with dual elevator servos on seperate channels. Instead of resetting my trim on landing to add some down trim, I would like to program my Flap/landing switch to put in a little down elevator. When I when to the FLAP SYS screen the down elevator only works the elevator channel. Is there an easy way to setup a switch to add just a little down elevator? THanks in advance.

Lee
Old 04-20-2005, 11:40 AM

Default RE: Flap/landing switch on dual elevator servo

It sounds like you used a program mix to set up the dual elevator? If so, clear the mix, and activate dual elevator in the wing type menu after inhibiting the aux channel of your choice in device select.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:05 PM

Yep, I used the program mix that I knew how to setup from other planes. Is the above process documented in the manual?

thanks as always.

Lee
Old 04-21-2005, 08:49 AM

Yes, the functions are described in the manual.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:16 AM

Hey Danny,

I was just getting ready to update you. I sat down and deleted all of the mixes that I had programmed and went in and setup on the wing screen the dual elevators. I then went in and setup the landing switch. I have one thing to say. THIS RADIO IS AWESOME! What I was doing was programming based on my 8103 knowledge. It works, but this is so easy after you figure everything out. There is so much this thing can do. Totally great radio. My one complaint is that now I have dropped all of my projects to play around with the radio to really really see what all of the functions can do!

The good: This radio does so many different things automagically without having to program mixes
The bad: You really have to play around with it to figure out all of the things it can do, you really can't document what it can do. I was able to do the same thing two ways. Both worked,except for me wanting to add some down trim.

Thanks Danny and JR for a truely top of the line product in a mid-level price range.

Lee
Old 04-22-2005, 09:21 AM

I agree, the 9303 is a very good system, it does require a bit of adjustment if you are used to say the 8103 because it does program differently, but I find it to be easier and quicker to program since most functions you would need, are built in.

Program mixing in aircraft mode doesn't work to mix dual channels together since none of the mixes are include mixes, meaning the trim will not work on the slave channel. Instead of needing to set up program mixes however, you simply activate the dual function of your choice.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:51 AM

Agreed! I have to eventually reprogram a couple of my Airplanes to this functionality. I have dual flaps setup on separate mixes on a H9 Super Cub and the same dual elevator setup as my Funtana on my GP Patty Wagstaff. It has to be difficult for you guys to really develop a totally comprehensive manual since these radios can do so many things in so many different ways. The programming of this is definitely far superior to the 8103 (though I loved that radio). Thanks again.

Lee