Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR XP8103 channel/switch assignment

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 05:26 PM
WoofDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XP8103 channel/switch assignment

Is there a way to assign a channel to the 3 position switch labeled "Flap Mix". I am trying to operate the flaps so that in the "Elev" position they will be flush with the wing, in the middle position they will be about 10 percent down and in the "Land" position they will be all the way down.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:56 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR XP8103 channel/switch assignment

Begin by going to the flap pot function and turn the flap pot to full on by pressing clear. Then go to a program mix, say mix 3 or 4, set up a flap to flap mix, assign the mix to the ELE>F switch, then with the arrow pointing at offset, rotate the flap pot all the way one direction and then press clear. This should enter a value (the value is not critical) next to offset. Then return to the flap pot function and set this as desired (you can inhibit it, make it a trim pot, etc). Then return to the mix, and flip the switch into the on position, and enter in a percentage in the mix. Then center your flap servos with the switch in this position. To adjust the amount of flap s you get in the center position, you will set this mix percentage and re-center the servos. Then to set the land switch position, use the landing menu and set as desired.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:59 PM
rcflyr2
My Feedback: (2)

I have a 8103 transmitter with the snap roll function set on the trainer/timer switch. Today after one snap roll the switch would not actavate. I reprogramed the switch to the timer and it woked. I reprogramed it to the trainer mode and it would not work. Tom
Old 05-03-2005, 09:17 AM
dsnyder

That is correct, if you activate the trainer function, the snap roll function is no longer available, until you disconect/deactivate the trainer.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 AM
rcflyr2

Please re-read my comments. As I said,I was flying with the snap switch actavated and did a snap roll with this switch. All went well. The next time I tried the snap roll with this switch (same flight) nothing happened.From that point on, the snap roll switch function would not work. The reason I reprogramed this switch to the timer and trainer modes was to check to see if the switch was bad. But it still actavated the timer mode but not the trainer mode. I don't know what is up. Thanks for your quick reply. Tom
Old 05-04-2005, 01:07 PM
dsnyder

Check to see if you have output on the servo monitor with the snap roll active and the trainer system off/deactivated. The timer function reverts to the CH keys with the snap roll or trainier function active. If not, perhaps there is a problem with the switch, feel free to send the system in for a check up.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:40 PM
WoofDog

Thanks for the info.

That looks like it will work.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:30 PM
rcflyr2

It will be on it's way Thurs. Thank's for your help. Tom