Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 9X v2

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 02:19 AM
jcoomans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 9X v2

Hi there, I am wondering if somebody could help me out.
I am getting sick of showing up to my field and I can't fly when I want cause there are other people on my frequency.
Now I used to fly the heli and plane with a Hitec radio and now I have a JR 9X v2.
I have heard a lot about synthasized radio's(mainly the multiplex (as they were the first as far as I know to be fully synth)) being bagged for going off air and destroying models because of mobile phone interference.
Now before I go out and commit myself to a synth. unit I would like to find out more about them and wether they do get interference.
Thank you in advanced to any one who replies.
Jack
Old 07-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: JR 9X v2

Contact your distributor and ask them if the synth unit has been tested. Here in Europe before any transmitter & RF Module is sold, it has to be Type Tested and meet with EMC regulations. Part of this tests to see if the transmitter and module is susceptible to external interference. This entails the system being tested with a receiver and the transmitter being bombarded with high levels RF at various frequencies in the RF Spetrum. If it fails to control the receiver correctly, then it cannot legally be sold.

JR manufacture (as you know) a synth module and is currently being sold by Graupner of Germany. Therefore this module must have passed the test and meets the EEC regulations. But as the Graupner product is on 35MHz it wont be identical to the 36MHz used in Oz. ( It will be close, very close but not identical )

Anyway, would you really have your phone on you if you were flying ?

[8D]
Old 08-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Lancair-RCU

Default RE: JR 9X v2

Jack,
Im sure you know by now anyway, but in case you didnt the Synth modules for the 9Xv2 are available in Aust, as are the matching Rx's.
I pick one up next week

Lancair