Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

rx xtals

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 04:06 PM
bear750
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rx xtals

This is probably a redundant question, but can you use any frequency xtal in a jr rx, for example, can I use a ch 19 and ch 54 xtal in the same rx?

Thanks,
Daron
Old 11-08-2002, 07:02 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rx xtals

Daron,
The answer to this question depends on a couple of factors. If it is a new receiver, or one that has not been in to the service center for a check up, you can switch crystals in that manner with no problems. If the receiver has been in for service and was peak tuned, you will only want to stay within a few frequencies for optimum performance.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:51 AM
bear750
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rx xtals

Danny, thanks for the reply. I don't know if I wanted that answer, though. I only bought 2 of the rx's new, the other 9 were bought second hand (most here on RCU). They are all R600 & R700's.

I don't guess there is a serial number that can be checked to see if they were in for tuning, is there? Otherwise I'll probably have to range check in the normal manner I assume (antenna down, 100 ft).

Thanks
Old 11-11-2002, 01:36 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rx xtals

I'm afraid there aren't any serial numbers that will help us to determine that. My guess would be that you would be perfectly fine swapping the crystals, but as you point out, just make sure they pass the range test and you should be fine.