Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Matchbox or Slave?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 03:47 PM
8wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matchbox or Slave?

I thought JR equipment was the greatest thing since sliced bread until today.Using a 10X &955 with 2, 8611's one on each side of the fuse for the rudder.Thought that I would just slave it using rud-aux5.No matter what I tried I just couldn't get the slave to follow linear,it seamed behind or have flat spots.After a couple hours I gave up and thought I would be smart and use a matchbox.I then installed a new matchbox and it just sat there and flashed at me ounce in a while.The servos refused to budge, so I thought maybe I should try the Aux battery.Everything came to life and I was in buisness, until my 8611 started smoking.I unplugged everything and thought I should smarten up and ask for help!
KenW
Old 04-14-2006, 09:10 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Matchbox or Slave?

Aux 4 and 5 are updated half as often as the other 8 channels, so they should only be used as switching channels. Switch to another channel and it should work fine. Did you install the jumper in the matchbox? What aux battery were you using?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:57 AM
8wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Matchbox or Slave?

Ok! Thanks, I have the slave up and running perfectly(sweet) got to love this 10X. I tried the matchbox with that other brands servos and everything appeared to work fine.I then repalced with new 8611's and everthing is working great.My guess is the 8611 that went up in smoke just happened to pick that exact time to end it's life.Stranger things have happened but it's not the most confidence inspiring.
I did use the jumper and I was using a 5 cell NIMH battery pack.Any suggestions before the first flight?
KenW