Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dual Elevators - Unequal Movement ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 04:21 AM
DinoR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Elevators - Unequal Movement ?

Have a dual elevator setup with JR3810 and Hitec 645MG servos, have followed Dannys dual elevator setup and all is fine...what a relief to find out how to get rid of one channel moving from the Aux 2 switch

However I have noticeably more down movement on one elevator than the other typically over the last 20% of the travel ( say 5mm by the time the end point is reached) , the probelm is there on the last portion of up travel as well but not as bad.

The mechanical geometry is as right as I can get it...is this a problem with the radio or is it purely mechanical?...either way is there a fix?.......have tried travel adjust but this has not really helped.

Thanks in anticipation - Dino
Old 07-06-2006, 10:34 PM
JLB
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Dual Elevators - Unequal Movement ?

Not sure what your set up is now so difficult to say what the problem might be but here's
my solution. I've gone to using elevator channel output only into a matchbox. This keeps the
elevator half's in perfect sync as they move thru their travel by using only one channel and
you can certainly eliminate the issue you're currently having. Try it, you'll like it.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:02 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We have three Matchboxes in our Edge 540 (33%) - it sure makes fine tuning a breeze.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:58 AM
DinoR

Thanks Everyone....looks like I'll be dropping by the local hobbyshop tomorrow
Old 07-10-2006, 10:51 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure your travel adjust values on both channels are as close to the same as possible and that your sub trim values are as close to the same as possible. (If you change the travel adjust of the slave channel, you will also need to change the aux 2 to aux 2 mix value to cancel the switch.) Also verify there are no other mixes affecting the movement. There can be slight differences in travel between servos, so you may need to alter travels etc to make them match.