Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10X Throttle Detent?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Bobby Folsom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10X Throttle Detent?

Danny, one of the top flyers at a recent IMAC contest mentioned that I could control the speed of my plane better if I had a detent on my throttle at the half throttle point. Is it possible to file a "notch or detent" at the half throttle point on the 10X? If so, would you describe what I need to do to get to the mechanism where the notch is filed?

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Bobby
Old 08-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Bobby Folsom

Default RE: 10X Throttle Detent?

I guess that a "No response" means you don't want us with 10X transmitters to do this modification.

Bobby
Old 08-16-2006, 08:56 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I was checking w/ service and didn't get back to the thread until now.

You would need to pull the back case half off which is very difficult and is quite easy to break parts when removing it if not done by someone who is experienced. This isn't something I can tell you how to do without showing you how to do it directly. Once you get the back case off, it is a fairly simple matter of filing in the notch where you want being sure to keep all filings out of the system. This is something that service has done for a few systems and can do if you'd like to send the system in.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Bobby Folsom

Most excellent Danny. I got spoiled with all of your previous more or less instanteanous responses. I think you are right about me not being able to do this. I'll send in my transmitter during the off-season winter months so I won't miss the rest of this season's flying.

Thanks again for your response,

Bobby