Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Type of Receiver with an X2610

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:59 AM
sandra.mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type of Receiver with an X2610

Hi Danny

I live in the UK and since retiring from work in May this year I have returned to my love of aeromodelling after a fifteen year layoff. I bought the JR X2610 set with a Tx /Rx and 4 servos. Interestingly the X2610 and the US XP6102 are the same piece of kit. Macgregor Industries (www.macgregor.co.uk) use the US download for the Transmitter manual with no attempt to highlight the different frequencies that we use in the UK (35Mhz instead of 72Mhz) with the rest of the manual being exactly the same as the hard copy that came with the set. I find that the computerisation of Transmitters adds vastly to the enjoyment of setting up a model, and is probably the most notable improvement during my 15 year absence.

The question I have is that I have several receivers and servos that are not JR, some Futaba and at least one that is home built. Can I use these receivers with the JR Transmitter? I have tried them on the ground with a JR crystal and they appear to function OK albeit using different channels for the servos, but I am reluctant to throw them in the air at the moment until I am convinced all will be well. I haven't carried out a range check as yet.

I would be grateful for your advice.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: Type of Receiver with an X2610

Where there is no initial user manual from JR, we quite often will use Horizon's manual but we do have an addendum sheet available...

http://www.macgregor.co.uk/faq/Transmitters/X2610.pdf (in the case of the 2610)

Historically the manuals issued with the pre production models are in Japanese, unfortunately MacG's does not have the same facilities & resources that Horizon have. Horizon takes the set and generates the manual. This is then sent back to JR who print and issue with the production sets.

"Normally" there is little difference between the 2 systems ( Horizon's / ROTW ) except in some of the user options.

Here in the UK, you can use almost ANY PPM receiver with the 2610. Obviously some receivers are designated Parkfliers and as such will have a limited range.

ALWAYS carry out a range test prior to launching, we recommend the following method..

http://www.macgregor.co.uk/faq/Gener...ge%20Tests.pdf

If in doubt, call MacG's on 01628 760430

Old 11-20-2006, 03:08 PM
sandra.mike

Many thanks for your response which has put my mind at rest. My only concern was the crystal to use but I have decided to go with the JR option for that.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:37 PM
russzero

Sandra.mike .. hi ..this is not intended to be an advertisement in any way for JR .. but ive just made the switch to a X-2610 myself. my older set up was sanwa. ive quite a bit of gear as u may imagine. ive tried using my sanwa ppm rx with the JR tx. one thing i did do was to use a matched pair of xtals. so far so good. its always worth a range check for your peace of mind anyway if your not sure. it doesnt take long & its worth it.
Anyhow when i purchased the new tx i also bought the new JR PCM auto tune rx too. I would like to say for the extra money id go and buy another of these radios. they are so easy to set up & are PCM as well !! they require no xtal!! maybee u should consider trying one. the small size is also increadible. the only drawback really is the non-std servo leads !! .. but im glad now that the majority manufactures are giving us more choice. [sm=thumbup.gif]
The beep is a bit feeble on my tx .. but other than that its rather good for the money i think.
russ uk s.london

PS. when i refered to the servo leads .. i meant my old servos!!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:54 AM
sandra.mike

Thanks for the info about the PCM auto tune rx, It sound s a good option. I'm also most impressed with the x2610 as it meets my needs without going over the top. My main problem is trying to get to grips with all the mixing options, particularly when it comes to flying helos. Does anyone know of any good books that will help?

Mike