Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Buddy Box Options With DX7

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 02:21 PM
agshane
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy Box Options With DX7

What are the buddy box options with the new DX7? Possible to use ANY JR radio as a slave?

Thanks

Greg Shane
Old 12-04-2006, 09:47 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buddy Box Options With DX7

Yes, a JR system can be used as a slave. The trainer system works the same as JR systems.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:38 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

I received my DX7 on Saturday. I looked over the system and have only one concern. The main receiver has the two antenna wires sticking out of the side. One of them looks pretty flimsy, in fact, the wires are exposed and it flex's fairly easy there. I am concerned that this may break at some point due to flexing and was wondering if it would void the warranty if I applied a drop of epoxy or maybe some RTV compound at this point to strengthen that point where the antenna lead exits the receiver chassis?

DS.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:26 AM
dsnyder

If you are certain that the wire is not damaged, you could use a small amount RTV or canopy glue to help secure it. If you are concerned however that the antenna may be damaged, it may be best to send it in for a check up.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:54 PM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks, Danny. I put a dab of epoxy on the antenna base, both sides, and let it set. I then put a small lenght throttle rod tube on the fuselage that was in a position that allowed me to feed the antenna halves into the tubes on each side as a sort of a guide. That keeps the antennas straight and prevents any flexing that may occur. This is in my new Tiger 120 and it flew on Saturday without incident.

Thanks for the input and suggestions. No, the antenna does not look damaged in any way, no frays in the metal strands from what I could see and I looked it over with a magnifying glass.

But, if you are in a position to offer suggestions for improvements, I would suggest they do something to strengthen that antenna setup on the main transmitter. It is a bit on the fragile side.

Ds.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:59 PM
indyrcpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: agshane

What are the buddy box options with the new DX7? Possible to use ANY JR radio as a slave?

Thanks

Greg Shane
I tried to help a guy with a DX-6 and use my DX-7 as the buddy box, but was unable to get it to work. I tried all of the trainer settings that I could find, but no joy.

Has anyone else been able to do this, or is it even possible?

Thanks!
Chuck in Indy
Old 07-09-2007, 08:36 AM
dsnyder

Yes, that should work just fine. Turn on the master first, plug in the cord into the master, then plug the cord into the slave leaving the power switch off. Both systems will need a battery installed and charged.