Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 programming question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:14 PM
l.j.glaab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 programming question

Hi Danny,

I was programming my new (first) 9303 last night and observed some strange behaviour (I have been a 8103 driver for 5 years). I was setting up various flight modes and switch configurations to get various effects (Pos 0, Pos 1) and noticed that sometimes the servos would respond a little erratically. There would sometimes be a step in the responses (i.e. things would be smooth, then stop and catch-up). Once I went back in and re-selected various Devices (launch, cruise, speed, thermal, land), power-cycled the Tx, and generally scrambled around, it seemed like the jitters went away. When I select devices and switch configurations, does it matter which buttons I use to make the selection (roller selector, list button)? Do I need to have my Tx looked at (very expensive saiplanes at the Rx end). Note: I am using JR 790 Rx.

Thanks, Josh.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 9303 programming question

By your post I'm not 100% sure what is happening. Are the servos jittering or what is happening? The only function in the radio that would cause things to move slowly is the FM Delay function in sailplane, this function will slow the response of switching from one flight mode to another, is there a chance you were using this function?
Old 01-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Bob Cook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Danny,

I'm Bob Cook in Seattle. I just bought a 9303. I have a 6102. I am setting up the radio for electric sailplane function. I got through the system set up just fine. I bought this radio to fly my Sky Sergio. It has motor, elevator, aileron, flap. No rudder. I have read the manual, and Mr. Knights papers several times. I am useing my 6102 reciever. I am trying to put the throttle on the left stick. I selected SPOI and activated it when I was in Moto. I plugged the speed control into thro. socket on the reciever (R610UL) I powered up the system. NO responce. Nothing but the speed control is plugged into the reciever at this point. I tryed plugging it into all 6 locations. No responce.
I then decided to try and see if any of the functions would work. I plugged in the 2 wing aileron servos into slots 2 and 3, and the flap into slot 4. I powered up the system. Everything went nuts. The motor was running at full speed. I found by quick fumbling around that the throttle was on the right stick, where the ailerons usually are. I pushed the stick to the left and the motor stopped running. The ailerons were jumping around as well. The flap didnt move. I quickly unplugged the power. At least I got a responce from the radio. Even id it wasn't what I wanted.
So back to the basic question. How can I get the throttle on the left stick ? I want the flap on the left slidder, and the ailerons and elevator on the right stick. I also need aileron diff. on this plane. I'm a 4 yr. experience flier. I'm not an old hand at this stuff. I don't belong to a club. Your gonna be my only source of help on this thing. I am very familiar with how the systems operate. Just give me the right sequence of "Clicks" to bail me out. Thanks for the help.

Bob in Seattle Sorry, I guess that I should have started a new post for this issue.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:19 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For that set up it may be best to set the system to aircraft mode rather than sailplane if you want the motor control on the throttle stick. You can then set up dual aileron to set up the dual ailerons by first inhibiting the gear channel in device select and then selecting dual aileron on the gear channel. Also if you want the slider to ctonrol the flaps, select the flap LV in device select on the flap channel.