Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Fail safe on AR7000

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:16 AM
flydynamics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fail safe on AR7000

Hi all,

I've just put in my plane the AR7000 receiver and bind it .... No problem, everything works perfectly .....

Just a question:

During binding, I put my throttle stick to the 0% position and all the other in neutral position, in the case of a transmission problem ....
When I switch off my radio (remote control) without doing any stick mouvements, the throttle goes in the fail safe position, and, of course, all other are in neutral position ... so it's OK
BUT, when I give some mouvements with the stick and switch off the radio, the throttle goes in the good positioin (0%), but the other stay in the position before loosing transmission, they didn't go in the neutral position ?!...

Any idea ?

Thanks

Marc
Old 08-27-2007, 06:53 AM
leyland384

Default RE: Fail safe on AR7000

Marc,

That's the way it's supposed to work. Only the throttle goes to the preset bind position. Everything else goes to the last known "good" position when the link is lost.

Adam
Old 08-27-2007, 08:34 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On initial power up the system will command all servos to the pre-set fail safe positions, after the receiver has linked to the TX, only the throttle will go to fail safe, all other channels go to hold.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Danny, is this the same on the 9000?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
flydynamics

OK,

Now I understand exactly how fail-safe works ... I thought the system worked as the fail-safe we know on our "antic" receiver (preset position when signal lost) ....

I'm amazed by the easiness of setting the materiel ...... if you follow exactly the notice ..... everything it's OK ......

Wonderfull work !!!......

Thanks to all of you for your answer .....

Marc

Here a link to a funny little "electronic game" ....... fly Airbus with only one hand ......

http://flyairfrance.com/

Pilot stay kids in their heads .... always .....

Old 08-27-2007, 02:32 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The AR9000 and R921 receivers have 2 modes available. They have the Smart Safe as one option, which to set this you bind the receiver normally (leaving the bind plug in the Receiver until it completes the binding process). They also have a 'conventional' mode where all channels will be set to fail safe and the positions are stored during binding. To get into this mode, after you power up the receiver with the bind plug installed, the light begins to flash. Before you turn on the Tx in bind mode, you remove the bind plug from the receiver and then power up the Tx in bind mode. In both cases you will need to hold the channels in the fail safe positions desired through the whole binding procedure. In Smart Safe mode, only the throttle channel will be set to fail safe, in conventional mode all channels will be set to fail safe. And that applies only to the AR9000 and R921 receivers.