Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Failed AR 7000 reciever

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:39 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failed AR 7000 reciever

I changed this reciever from one plane to another this weekend and re-bound it to the new plane. Flew the plane twice and decided to change engines on the plane. Nothing inside the plane was disturbed. After the engine change I turned on the radio/reciever and the plane did not respond. No lights on the recievers. I recharged the reciever battery even though it only had two flights on it. Still nothing. Removed the reciever and battery and bypassed the switch, still nothing but noticed the leads from the battery got quite hot! Re-installed the switch in between the battery and the reciever and the same thing happened. Changed batteries and the same result occurred. No crashes, the reciever was simply changed into a what will be a Club 40 racer from my Cub. What is my next step here? BTW I checked the switch with an ohmeter and it is good. Ended up switching out the radio gear to Futaba and kept flying, using the same switch.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:59 PM

Default RE: Failed AR 7000 reciever

Did you try to rebind the receiver to the transmitter?

Jay
Old 08-28-2007, 05:25 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wire got quite hot. Just sitting there? Something is WRONG there. Something's shorting. Dig into it and check where wires went next to screws and engine mounts and linkages. Using same battery packs in both? Check out the battery pack/leads if not. Good luck!

Jim
Old 08-28-2007, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wire should definitely not get hot, you should definitely check the amp draw and look for any shorts.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:14 PM

Read the post again - slowly! I checked the switch, I changed the battery (using the same switch) and the replacement battery did the same thing! I then replaced the reciever with a Futaba and used the switch and battery from the original set up...........that pretty much leaves the reciever as the culprit! Then I flew the plane (using a Futaba radio) using the same servos, what's that leave??
Old 08-29-2007, 08:21 AM

I didn't say what item that it may or may not be causing the problem. I said to check over the entire system for problems. The likelyhood of a receiver causing high current draw is very low, so I'd check everything over. If you have any question if a component has a problem, send it in for a check up.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 PM

Read your initial reply last night that kind of sounded like the company line, can't be us, type of reply and, just for the heck of it, I hooked up a battery to it and the wires got hot. Nothing else was hooked up to it. It was out on the desk top. After deciding that you had already made up your mind on it I circular filed it and figured that the better part of a C note was down the drain.....and tonight..........I read your offer to send it in! Timing is everything!
Old 09-04-2007, 08:24 AM

That was not my intention, nor is there a 'company line'. Horizon is a service oriented company, if you suspect a problem with a component, send it in. You don't need to ask if you can send something in for service.