Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 7202

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:19 AM
neburr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 7202

Hi Danny

I have just purchased a JR 7202(sold in South Africa as the JR 2720).

Despite my best efforts i am unable to programme the radio to suit my Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 60[X(]. I have already downloaded the programming manual but I have the following problems:

I cannot get the flaps to operate on the flap switCh on the front fascia of the radio. i Can get limited operation, via the switch on flight mode/flap mixing switch.
I cannot get the dual aileron to work at all.
When i do flip the flap switch on the front of the radio, it brings the right aileron only, all the way up.

Please help as this is driving me up the wall [:@]and I CANNOT FLY THE PLANE
Old 12-03-2007, 01:09 AM
neburr

Default RE: JR 7202

Jeeps[X(]!!

I have just realised that several of you having been experiencing my problems with the crows.

Possibly can somebody let me know: Is the JR 7202 amd the JR 2720 the same?

If it is, i will try tpo follow the various other threads on prgramming the JR 7202.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:12 AM
Mac_Man_UK

They are fundamentally identical.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:20 AM
neburr

Thank you Mac Man.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:11 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the input select, it sould say system next to Flap. If it says anything else, change it to system. Then you will use the flap system function to adjust the flap travel on the flap switch.

What of the ailerons is not working? If it is the ailerons not working as flaps, then you haven't set up the flap to aileron mixes properly.

The flap to aileron mixing will require 2 programmable mixes. We will use mix 3 and 4 for this set up. The first mix will be a flap to aileron mix, and the second will be a flap to gear mix. The value of the flap to gear mix must be exactly double but opposite of the value in the flap to aileron mix. These mixes will set up the “crow” function on the LAND flap switch position.
To set up the first mix, we will use program mix 3. Enter program mix 3. Press the increase key until the first channel says FLAP. Then press the select key to make the arrow point at the second channel, and then press the increase key until the second channel says AILE. Press the select key until the arrow points at OFFSET. Press the decrease key until it says –50 next to OFFSET. Press the select key until the arrow points at RATE, then flap the flap switch into the LAND position, then press the decrease key until the percentage says -30% (adjust this percentage as necessary to get the ailerons to move as “spoilers” ¾” up, keeping in mind that the value of this program mix must by half the value and opposite of the value in the next mix, program mix 4). Next to SW on the screen it should say ON. If it
says something other than ON, press the select key to make the arrow point at SW, and press the increase key until it says ON.
To set up the second mix, we will use program mix 4. Enter program mix 4. Press the increase key until the first channel says FLAP. Then press the select key to make the arrow point at the second channel, and then press the increase key until the second channel says GEAR. Press the select key until the arrow points at OFFSET. Press the decrease key until it says –50 next to OFFSET. Press the select key until the arrow points at RATE, then flap the flap switch into the LAND position, then press the increase key until the percentage says +60% (adjust this percentage as necessary to get the ailerons to move as “spoilers” ¾” up, keeping in mind that the value of this program mix must by double the value and opposite of the value in the previous mix, program mix 3). Next to SW on the screen it should say ON. If it says something other than ON, press the select key to make the arrow point at SW, and press the increase key until it says ON.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:51 PM
neburr

Hi Danny and all other contributors.

Thank you so very much.

I sat and re-programmed de novo last night and hey Presto! I got the dual ailerons, dual flaps and even crow to work, As luck would have it, my Tx battery was shot by then. I plugged it on to charge for the night. I am going to check that the Aile/Flap mixing and so forth are working today. In essence, i am over the archilles heel.

Will let you guys know if i cannot sort anything else out.

THanx again.