Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Dual Elevator Setup Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 03:56 PM
Fitzgibbons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Elevator Setup Problems

I'm currenty in the process of setting up a U CAN DO 3D and have run into a couple of problems I can't seem to get past.

Cannot setup Flaperons to work off the 3 position switch while in ACRO mode.

Dual Elevator Servo issues as well. In ACRO mode if I hit the Gear switch one elevator would go all the way up. If I try setting it up in Glider mode that one elevator works off of the AUX 3 POT.

I think I saw some previous posts which mentioned these specific problems but I'm really new to this whole computer radio stuff and was hoping someone could tell me exactly what I need to do to get around these problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you very much!!

Also, where exactly should I plug everything into the rx? As I mentioned, one elevator is plugged into the AUX 3 mixed as a slave to ELEV.

I think its a 9 channel rcvr.

Radio: JR 8103
Plane: U CAN DO 3D
Servos: 6
Old 06-01-2003, 01:04 AM
Fitzgibbons

Default Made some progress...

I was able to setup the dual elevator in ACRO mode without the POT 3 effecting the elevator on AUX 3 by:

Mix #4
---
AUX3 - AUX3
SW: ON
Offset: +61

Mix #5
---
ELEV - AUX3
SW: ON
Offset: 0

They line up perfectly at zero but there is a slight difference in travel I haven't figured out yet.

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks!
Old 06-02-2003, 12:49 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Begin by turning the 8103 on, then press the UP and DN keys together to enter the programming. Then scroll through with the up key until you get to flap pot. Press the clear key until this says 0% POT. INH. Press the DN key now until you get to landing. Put the flap switch in the land position and enter in the percentage of flaps you want in the land position. You can add another setting of flaps on the up switch position if you would like, but not to the mid position in a flaperon set up. To do this you will set up a flap to flap mix, assign it to the ELE>F switch setting. Then reactivate the flap pot, and return to the mix and enter an offset with the flap pot all the way to the '-'. Then deactivate the pot again, return to the mix, and enter the percentage of flaps you want in the mix with the flap switch in the up position. If you have any further questions please feel free to give one of our techs a call at 877-504-0233.

On the elevators, you can use travel adjustment for each channel to make them match for minor differences in travel.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Fitzgibbons

Default 8103 & U CAN DO 3D

Thanks for the help Danny.

Everything seems to be working fine as of now.

Take care,
Frank (aka Fitzgibbons)
Old 06-09-2003, 04:56 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear! If you have any further questions please let us know.