Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Glitching servo on spektrum RX and tamiya ESC + DX3S

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
sn00p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitching servo on spektrum RX and tamiya ESC + DX3S

I managed to fry my Sr3300T trying to sort out a glitch im having with my DX3S using either the SR3300T or SR300 receivers on my TT-01 using a Tamiya TEU-101BK ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLER and any type servo on the steering. Bascally if i blat thethrottle from 0-100% the steering servo will glitch. Ive tried different servos futaba 3003 and hobao 3 and hitec 65mg and have the same with all 3 servos. I also at first thought maybe it was the SR3300T so tried with the Sr300 and had the same problems. I then removed the RX out of the car and move to the furthest point away from any electronics to see if it was dirty interfence but still the same. However if i run a RX battery pack it goes away so i know its between the ESC's bec or the fact the spektrum receiver doesnt like this particular ESC? any ideas or anyone have the same issues or if you have a similar setup WITHOUT glitches let me know.

To test you need the motor to be still then blat the throttle. keep doing it but wait for the motor to go stationary before the next blat because it only seems to do it then. i.e if you have the motor running even very slowly and blat it doesnt seem to effect it. Problem is it tends to give a huge torque steer type syndrom and is really getting on my nerves.

Best to raise car off the ground with body shell removed and watch the steering assembly when trying it.