Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR7207 mode change

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Sneasle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR7207 mode change

It seems these 7202's are getting harder and harder to find.

My wife knew I have been looking for one at a good price and while she was out of town this past weekend she picked me one up. Hobby shop she got it from cut her a great deal also.

Sadly, she bought a mode 1 radio. No biggie I figured. I called the shop and they said that's why they had marked it down so low, they just hadn't been able to sell it. They were nice about it and said we could bring it back. The wife does get out that way often enough, so it wouldn't be a big issue, but then I would be without radio again.

That being said, I know these things can be converted to mode 2 somewhat easily, but I am pretty sure it involves sending it in to get some of the internals changed around and the firmware flashed.

What I would like to know is:

1. Where should I send it.
2. How do I need to send it (in original carton, just the radio?)
3. How much is it going to cost me (if it ends up being too much, it won't be worth the discount the wife got and I might as well take it back and buy a mode 2 at a normal price.)
4. How long will I be without radio?

I am currently flying on a 9303 and love it, this is primarily going to be used as a spare and a 2nd radio for my gliders and for training.

Thanks guys.