Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum Warranty Service Stinks

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:38 PM
rack
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Warranty Service Stinks

ORIGINAL: D4379

After five weeks the reciever came back today. The invoice says in the interest of customer service reviever replaced with a new one. That is it nothing else. They could have done that 4.5 weeks ago. I am dissapointed in Horizon Hobby and I can see a lot of other folks are to. They can kill themselves and go the way of Royal, Orbit, Kraft and others or they can get their act straight. Small community to get upset, word gets out fast.
its just a receiver , get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:37 AM
D4379

Get over it? Fortunately I had other systems to use. There are a lot of people in this hobby that don't have that option or they don't have the cash to get another one. I noticed that I am not the only one with these problems. One guy posted that his $1,200 system was screwed up but he got it back in two weeks because he paid big bucks for it. He also hinted that if you are willing to pay for your warranty service you might get it back sooner. This is indicative of major problems with Horizon Hobby from a customer service view point. Also ths shop where I bought the reciever indicated to me yesterday they cannot get new radios, parts or recievers from Horizon, something is up.

I had not flown an RC plane other than an electric jet in eight years. I wanted to get started again. I paid good money for this receiver and was disappointed by the whole system. The hobby shop that would not or could not honor a warranty, Horizon just telling people oh well to bad and then the five weeks. This is not the hobby industry of eight years ago.

On the bright side I bought a new transmitter battery and receiver battery from Tower for my trusty old 1980's vintage 7FG. Delivered in three days and I flew my ancient but good Great Planes Decatholon with a Magnum 46 for the first time in eight years. All went well and I was soon looping and rolling to my hearts content.

The moral of the story is stick with Futaba a quality company not some overextended marketing firm for China Inc.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 AM
onewasp

Get over it? Fortunately I had other systems to use. There are a lot of people in this hobby that don't have that option or they don't have the cash to get another one. I noticed that I am not the only one with these problems. One guy posted that his $1,200 system was screwed up but he got it back in two weeks because he paid big bucks for it. He also hinted that if you are willing to pay for your warranty service you might get it back sooner. This is indicative of major problems with Horizon Hobby from a customer service view point. Also ths shop where I bought the reciever indicated to me yesterday they cannot get new radios, parts or recievers from Horizon, something is up.

I had not flown an RC plane other than an electric jet in eight years. I wanted to get started again. I paid good money for this receiver and was disappointed by the whole system. The hobby shop that would not or could not honor a warranty, Horizon just telling people oh well to bad and then the five weeks. This is not the hobby industry of eight years ago.

On the bright side I bought a new transmitter battery and receiver battery from Tower for my trusty old 1980's vintage 7FG. Delivered in three days and I flew my ancient but good Great Planes Decatholon with a Magnum 46 for the first time in eight years. All went well and I was soon looping and rolling to my hearts content.

The moral of the story is stick with Futaba a quality company not some overextended marketing firm for China Inc.

The tone of your response is unnecessary and, incidentally, quite untrue.

My personal experience with Horizon and Horizon Service is the total opposite of yours.
Your implication that "for money" you move to the head of the line is untrue, unwarranted, insulting and a total fabrication. I have also been at this longer than you, but that is neither here nor there.
However, your indicated time in the hobby would imply an age level with considerably more understanding and perspective.

Your quoted post exhibits neither. But then that matches its accuracy and projections.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:14 PM
roknHS

Hey Wasp,

Just to make sure you have "perspective".........go back and read all the posts on page 1 of this little discussion.

and............take your favorite Tx out of the case, box it up and send it in for a routine inspection..............
then............come back in six weeks and tell us how warm and fuzzy you feel about the Horizon repair dept.

Like I said earlier, Horizon has (until now) been the "Best of the Best" for customer service in the repair dept..........things have changed since you last had to send something in.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:33 PM
D4379

Wasp you must work for Horizon. You are also ignoring the other posts on this thread and others. The service is terrible. Also if you read the posts you will see that I paraphrased what another had stated. I know what my experience has been with Horizon and it is bad. The other posters are saying the same thing and their experience is bad.

Your statements about how long you have been at this have nothing to do with what is happening with the customer service. My understanding and perspective is very clear as are others. We got your money, it is defective, minimum wait time on warranty repairs is 20 days, to bad for you.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:25 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find it interesting that all 14 of yours posts in these forums have been to bash Spektrum/Horizon's service. Hm, you working for Futaba?

Granted, you had difficulties. Life's too short, dude - if you're not happy, buy something different.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:19 PM
D4379

Just know what works for me. Others have had good luck with Airtronics. My father still uses an ancient single stick Kraft Radio that was updated and works fine.

I have the reciever back and I will use it of course with the 6DXI in something. Right now I use the Spektrum for the electric Jet. Funny thing is with all the spread spectrum radios getting a frequency pin is no longer an issue!
Old 07-12-2009, 07:09 PM
rack

that was me and it was two days and it didnt cost me a dime, knowing who to talk to is all it takes
Old 07-12-2009, 09:44 PM
LSF2298
My Feedback: (4)

I guess Horizon has two classes of Customers, those who know who to talk too and those who don't know who to talk too. Guess my fist 2.4 Radio will be Futuba as everybody knows that Bax or Krysta will take care of you over there!!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:13 AM
D4379

It is a shame that you seem to have gotten preferential treatment due to the cost of your system. I did call the center and asked what the status was and did not recieve any answer beyond wait for 20 days or more. Hopefully they will get their act together. The thought of having to pay for warranty work is pretty disturbing and shows a real lack of committment to the customer.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 AM
rack

i dont see it as preferential at all, its just common sense on there part,
why should a 12x be 20 days behind receivers and servos and a dx 7 if my system depended on a dx7 i would have bought a back up instead of complaining
Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 AM
D4379

That is exactly what it is, preferential treatment. You paid big bucks so you go to the front of the line. Not exactly fair but what are you going to do? Horizon has lost a customer and I assume they will lose a lot more with this kind of treatment.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:39 AM
onewasp

That is exactly what it is, preferential treatment. You paid big bucks so you go to the front of the line. Not exactly fair but what are you going to do? Horizon has lost a customer and I assume they will lose a lot more with this kind of treatment.

No one will ever accuse you of having an analytical mind or approach.

Closed mind, well that is a different story.
BTW your claim of time in RC must be roughly from birth as you show zero signs of either perspective or age/experience induced learning.

Go buy Futaba and give it a rest!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:32 AM
D4379

Wasp I see your other posts and it is obvious you only have one response. It is obvious that you are the one with a closed mind. The gentlemen stated since he paid big $$ for his radio he should get to the head of the line first.

It is also obvious you ignore the numerous issues with Spektrum radios on this forum presented by others. Your pat answer is that your time modeling negates any one elses opinions.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:47 PM
JetCatJimmy

What shocks me about the post here is that you're stating Spektrum warranty sucks. All I've heard complaints about is Horizon. You stated that you would never buy Spektrum again and go straight back to Futaba. Well, you never contacted Spektrum (from what I can gather in this thread) to resolve the issue. Having your equipment be crap when you bought it is one thing, but to state that it's the manufacturer's fault that you're unhappy with Horizon is the real crap here.

I wish you luck in getting a new unit back soon and I hope it works perfectly for you, but it appears to me that you're talking about completely separate issues here. Confusing?... yes. - Spektrum's fault?... no.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:27 PM
D4379

Spetrum is owned by Horizon as is JR. Same thing. You must deal with Horizon Hobbies.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:59 PM
slarty

Spetrum is owned by Horizon as is JR
Don't tell JR that or they will get quite upset !

Horizon does NOT own JR, JR does NOT own Horizon. (FYI JR stands for Japanese Radio), They are separate companies in 2 separate continents.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:10 PM
D4379

I believe I am correct in that both are owned by Horizon Hobby.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:16 PM
onewasp

You are TOTALLY incorrect.

Have heart though your record for gross inaccuracy remains in tact.

slarty

It is unfortunate but all too true that many Americans believe that the world begins and stops in the USA.
There, is of course TROTW (the rest of the world) though some simply do NOT get it.
Our apologies to the UK and others for the "Ugly American" act.
No sense denying that which is so patently obvious.[]
Old 07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
JetCatJimmy

From what I know, Horizon does not own JR - but they are the exclusive North American distributors. But that's not really the point. But after researching, I believe you are correct in that Horizon wholly owns Spektrum. I apologize for my previous comments since I wasn't fully informed. Again, I really hope that your next round of Rx's are perfect. I have been very lucky with mine and wouldn't think of changing my setup with this track record.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:27 PM
JetCatJimmy

ORIGINAL: onewasp

You are TOTALLY incorrect.

Have heart though your record for gross inaccuracy remains in tact.

slarty

It is unfortunate but all too true that many Americans believe that the world begins and stops in the USA.
There, is of course TROTW (the rest of the world) though some simply do NOT get it.
Our apologies to the UK and others for the ''Ugly American'' act.
No sense denying that which is so patently obvious.[]
Umm, onewasp, if you're going to make such a statement (that I happen to agree with in sentiment!) please illuminate our lives with your knowledge. It would only be American of you to wail that someone is WRONG without informing us of the truth.

Please, we're waiting whilst holding our breaths.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:32 PM
onewasp

If you've 'bad breath', that's your problem! [8D]
Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM
JetCatJimmy

Bad breath? Hmmm... I just think that it helps no one when a post flames someone for being wrong without providing the information that would educate. If you choose to remain silent, then we are no better off than before. I think it helps the group to be 'solution oriented' rather than a finger-waver.

And, I just brushed my teeth! I had gyros for lunch and you're right - it was pretty BAD!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 PM
D4379

They are the exclusive outlet for JR. I believe I am correct. You are just looking for trouble though. You should realy be an RC hot air ballon pilot. Plenty of fuel.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:57 PM
onewasp

Rabble on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.