Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Jr3180

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 07:58 PM
222flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr3180

Left my 3810 TX on top of my flt box for about 30 mins in full sun and a temp of 23deg C. When I switched the TX on the display was dark and unreadable, almost inverse colours, but the TX functioned OK. Put it in the shade for 15 mins and the display came back OK. I know the moral here is don' t leave the TX in full sun but is this a common fault with the 3810 display or have I got a fault on mine?
Old 06-30-2003, 05:02 AM
tadawson

Default Jr3180

This is common with any LCD display in direct sunlight. If you reduce the contrast, you can
read it when it goes dark, but then when it cools, it may be too dim to see. Best to just keep it in the shade if possible.

- Tim
Old 06-30-2003, 08:01 AM
222flyer

Default Jr3180

Thanks Tim, guess I'll just have to carry the tranny box out onto the flying field as well. Not used to having these really nice hot sunny days in the part of the UK I live in, it's usually raining or blowing a good 'un.