Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

X9303 Startup Screen Locked

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:20 PM
smacfe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X9303 Startup Screen Locked

Today I went to charge up my X9303 tx and the fuse blew. It does this a couple of times a year, so I replaced the fuse and the tx charged and worked fine... except... the tx now has locked the start-up screen. It starts up in the same model that was entered when the fuse blew even when I change models. It also will not let me delete a model or change a model name. There must be a screen lock command that I accidently entered. Does anyone know what this is?
Scott
Old 11-07-2009, 07:33 PM
jlkonn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X9303 Startup Screen Locked

I just had nearly the same thing happen to mine when I charged the new battery Horizon generously replaced when it
was in for service. I used a constant rate charger, Ace DMVC, at 100 mah for 24 hours.
Turned the Tx on and saw similar to yours. I had to send it back in. The tech called me and asked if I used a peak detect charger.
Evidently sometimes when the Tx sees a voltage spike this happens. Sounds like blowing your fuse was a spike.
Anyway, they reloaded the software and turned it around, there and back, in less than a week.
JLK
Old 11-07-2009, 07:55 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a suggestion in the future.

I was told a number of years ago to always Turn On the Tx before plugging the Charge Plug into the Charge Jack on the Tx. This prevents the Charge Plug from shorting out in the Charge Jack because with the Tx On, the Charge Jack is disabled. Once the Charge Plug is firmly in the Charge Jack on the Tx, turn the Tx Off and charging will begin.

This problem does not happen frequently, but it does happen.

Once the Firmware in your Tx has been corrupted, it needs to be Restored. Perhaps, when the Radio mfg's allow us to Upgrade our Tx Firmware by Flashing it (like you can Flash the BIOS on a PC) we can do it ourselves.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Just a suggestion in the future.

I was told a number of years ago to always Turn On the Tx before plugging the Charge Plug into the Charge Jack on the Tx. This prevents the Charge Plug from shorting out in the Charge Jack because with the Tx On, the Charge Jack is disabled. Once the Charge Plug is firmly in the Charge Jack on the Tx, turn the Tx Off and charging will begin.
While the 1500 mah battery in either the DX-7 or the 9303 does not technically qualify as a "high capacity" NiMH they are really close ASFAIK that rating starts with the 1650 mah cells. I personally think they deserve to be treated as such. That means no peak detecting chargers and no high charge rates, they also benefit from the break in cycling suggested for high capacity cells.

That being said, the walwart is the way to go with these and I even use the 110 mah walwart which comes with either the DX-7 or the X9303 to charge my 12X after experiencing the difficulties now becoming pretty common with the batteries and included charger on those radios.

Rather than monkey with turning the tx on or some such thing, I keep the walwarts in a power strip which I also use to power the AC/DC converter when charging my A123's or the foamie Li-Po's. Just plug the walwart into the tx and then hit the switch on the power strip....[sm=thumbup.gif]

And to the OP's question; as already mentioned it's most likely a problem resulting from a corruption of the tx's EEPROM data which is used to store model data and it is also written to each time you shut off the tx. Could be something else, but it's still a trip to the service center as BuschBarber suggested...[]