Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

12x data program

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:28 AM
atvracer
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12x data program

i'm looking for 12X data transfer program

Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 AM
P47 Jug - Al
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 12x data program

Is this something (some software) above and beyound what comes with the 12x?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Wilki01

This is what you are looking for. I got mine from Hobbyworld in Canada, Towers probably has it as well as many hobby shops.
It works great, I use it to back up all my settings and I can review or change right from my PC.

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...ProdID=JRPA310
Old 02-12-2010, 02:57 PM
OldFart1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that software for my 9303, love it. $50 is about $40 more than it's worth, but it is what it is
Old 02-12-2010, 02:59 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the software in the link you posted is only for the 9303 and 10X. I read in another thread the 12X uses different software.

Also, this software does not work with Windows 7 64bit, only with Windows 7 32bit and earlier OS's. I found a USB driver from THESYCON that allows the software to work with Windows 7 64bit.

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/usbio.shtml#demo

This Demo forces me to Reboot every 4 hours if I want to continue to use the Demo. I do not want to buy it as I feel the Horizon should provide a USB driver Free of Charge or offer an Update at a discount.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Wilki01

No, it is the same software and hardware. JR has only one version of this software, I thought the samething too, until I did a little research.

http://www.omp.com.au/shop/products/...2X-4472-0.html

I have yet found any other software that JR makes for their Tx's. I am still running Vista 32bit, I had issues at first, but I forgot what they were. lol Yet another reason Horizon or JR or anyone should come up with and update of some kind. I won't be holding my breath though. Anyways 40 or 50 bucks isn't all that bad, I don't have to type any of my current setups for back up, I can also print out blanks for when I am at the feild for quick viewing of all my stting at once, sometimes that alone helps me finetune some of my settings. Good luck in your search..
Old 02-12-2010, 03:26 PM
OldFart1

Rich, hopefully if they develop new software for the new radios they spend more than 2 minutes writing up the instructions
Old 02-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Wilki01

ORIGINAL: OldFart1

Rich, hopefully if they develop new software for the new radios they spend more than 2 minutes writing up the instructions
Instructions, lol I had to special order mine, when it can in, it came in a JR clear bag. Included was the cdrom, cable and usb interface. Oh ya and some kind've instruction on the cdrom. I don't even think they spent a whole 2 minutes on the instruction either. Ok maybe the guy used the one finger typing method..
Old 02-12-2010, 03:45 PM
OldFart1

Yeah, and of the 2 minutes - a minute and fifty seconds were spent on the "how to install a USB driver" part

Thank god for the internet, I'd have given the disc to the dachshund to play with otherwise..
Old 02-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Wilki01

Same here. The dog would've fixed it for sure.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:38 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wilki01

No, it is the same software and hardware. JR has only one version of this software, I thought the samething too, until I did a little research.

http://www.omp.com.au/shop/products/...2X-4472-0.html . . .

Possibly in Australia there is a version that will cover the various 9, 10, and 12 channel JR transmitters, but not in the US. The first page of a Google search for JRPPCDATA shows only Australian shops selling it. Take a look at the description rather than the headline. The link referenced makes no mention of it working with the 12X in the fine print. The description says it only works with the 9 and 10 channel transmitters.

The 9303 transmitters sold in the US have a serial DSC output. At the end of the cord that connects the transmitter to the computer is an adapter which along with software allows serial info to be processed by a USB port. The 12X has a USB output. The cord is 3-conductor and there is no adapter on the end. The instructions for the 12X program makes no mention of it working with anything other than the 12X.

If you search for pc data transfer on the Horizon site, only JRPA310 will come up. And that one will not work with the 12X.

Allan

Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Wilki01

After a little research myself earlier today, I come to the conclusion that my earlier poste in not, yes I said not correct. lol There was only one site that I found that stated it does work, I now don't agree with it. The JR site states theat the 12x comes with it's own software and cable. I could not find any reference to ordering it seperately at this point. On a side note, I hope that I did not offend anyone in my earlier post saying that this software works. I sure wish JR/Spekrum/Horizon would standardize the computer stuff like they did with the rx's. Cheers
Old 02-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ORIGINAL: atvracer

i'm looking for 12X data transfer program

It's transmitter model specific, comes with the tx and is not available separately from what I've seen.....

What happened to yours?

As noted in some of the above posts, it's got problems with 64 bit Windows software. The problem is with the included USB driver not the software itself even though the software includes a driver for 64 bit WinXP, I don't know if it works with that OS. It DOES NOT work with either Vista or Win7 versions as Rich noted.

The software loads fine and there are workarounds for the USB driver (which is not digitally signed and that's the issue) but none are very good. So far, there's nothing coming in the way of a fix that I've been able to find.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
bjw4072
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The data transfer software provided for the 12X does not work with 64-bit versions
of Windows-Vista or Windows-7.

It seems that JR and/or Horizon don't seem to have any immediate plans to fix this ???

The 12X is a good product and I am very happy with mine; the downside is
the data transfer program that won't work on my 64-bit Windows, and
a poor instruction manual for the transmitter (can anyone read those faint
photos of the screen?).
Old 02-24-2010, 10:25 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent an email to Horizon expressing my concern that the PC Data Transfer Program for my XP9303 does not work with Windows 7 64bit. The text is as follows:

I am currently running PC Data Transfer on Windows 7 64bit using a Windows 7 64bit USB driver from THESYCON. The file is USBIO_Demo.exe. The PC Data Transfer software works perfectly once the substitute USB driver is installed. I obtained a link to this page from an RCU thread.

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/usbio.shtml#demo

I see no reason why Horizon cannot offer a similar USB driver to enable PC Data Transfer to work with Windows 7 64bit. I don't see why I have to pay for a 3rd party USB driver. Aside from the USB driver, the PC Data Transfer software works fine with Windows 7 64bit.

Horizon replied as follows:

Hi Richard -

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby Product Support.

I have passed your feedback along to our JR team for follow up with JR Japan. As we are the North American distributor for JR, JR Japan has not provided us with a 64-bit driver for the USB interface.

If you should need further assistance regarding this issue please reply to this e-mail for additional support.

If you need assistance in the future, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] or you may also contact us toll-free at 1-877-504-0233.

Make sure to visit our web site at http://www.horizonhobby.com to see all of our newest products!

Thank You,

Amanda

Horizon Hobby

Product Support Team

4105 Fieldstone Rd

Champaign IL 61822

1-877-504-0233

The driver I am using works fine. I am not sure why JR cannot acquire the license for this driver or create one of their own considering this driver works perfectly with the original software I purchased. I believe you need to also turn off UAC, in W7, so the driver is not flagged as having no Authentic Signature.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is possibly not the right place for this question, but you guys seem to be familiar with the 12x programing.

I am lead to beleive the AUX 3 channel is where the low end pitch trimmer is on the 10x, resulting in no low end trimmer on the 12 in the heli menu ?

Can anybody confirm this or not as the case may be.

thanks
john