Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

begginer, help needed with set up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default begginer, help needed with set up!

hey everyone, yesterday i got a handful of tx/rx's which i really needed for my heli, ive flown 6ch before but only on one other heli, and it was the dinkiest, cheapest stock radio they could get give me.. so of the radios i got i decided to go with the jr6102 i got because it looks like it would be the best one for me in the long run, now this is my first programable tx and i have no clue what do.. ive got my esc to work, the tail servo works but the gyro l.e.d wont turn green, it just flashes red and the 3 servo's for the swash plate wont work, they move, but not how i want them to.. this radio is on the exi 450 (trex clone).. the smallest advice would help a ton, thanks
Old 07-01-2010, 04:49 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: begginer, help needed with set up!

I did not read the article, but this website used to be called TRex Tuning. At some point they changed to heli tuning to encompass tips for all the RC helis out there. Maybe you could start here, as it owuld be very painful to try to describe all the steps you need to take.

[link]http://www.helituning.com/index.php/setup/heli/248-setting-up-a-flying-your-t-rex.html[/link]

To answer your specifc questions:
1. Depending on the gyro, you need to connect it in a specific slot on the receiver. The servo connects to the gyro, and the cables from the gyro to the receiver. You might have the wrong settings on the radio programming.
2. Your helicopter is most likely a eCCPM heli. You need to get the radio in helicopter mode, and then tell the helicopter that you need CCPM mode. That will sync up the 3 servos to work in unison. You might have to reverse a servo on the servo reverse screen or reverse a function on the swash mix screen to get it to work perfect.

I know I am extremely vague in my answers, but with the limited information provided is hard to pinpoint the problem. Tell us which gyro you have, and where is it connected to the receiver. Also, it is very hard to diagnose a CCPM set-up from a text in a forum. It would be much better if an experienced pilot helped you on this one, face-to-face.

Rafael
Old 07-01-2010, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks, so when reading the manual on the tx, it said to plug the gyro into the gear slot on the reciever, that didn't work, but i got it to work on the rudd slot on the reciever.. im using the esky ek2-0704.. on my tx i have the swash type set as ccpm at 120 degrees, my choices are 120, 90, 180, and normal with one servo, the rest are with 3 servo.. i dont know what to chose for my modulation, i geta choice of spcm or ppm, and ive been doing a lot of research and i still haven't figured out much what they do, all ive figured out is that they deal with sending signal either in binary or bit.. so i dont know which to pick, the only thing left to figure out is on my switch selection page, there are 3 choices
d/r
gear
fl-m
and each of those have 5 choices.. thats the thing that is really confusing me, i have no clue what those mean..im hoping i can meet up with someone to help me soon.. and i'll go check out the web site, thanks
Old 07-01-2010, 11:00 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How many cables (connectors) does the gyro have? It should have a minimum of 2 potentially 3. If you have 2 connectors, one goes to the servo and the other goes to the rudder channel on the receiver. If you have 3 connectors, then the last connector goes to the gear channel or whichever channel you want controlling the gyro response.

If I understand your problem correctly, you need to set up your radio to 3 servo ccpm. Then adjust it from there.

The modulation is dictated by your receiver. If you have an SPCM receiver or if you have a PPM receiver that is what needs to be input into the radio.

Face-to-face instruction will be invaluable to you.

Rafael