Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 mixing Rud to Elev with Aux2

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 mixing Rud to Elev with Aux2

I am trying to set up a test mixing switch. It was suggested that I set up a test mixing switch say on AUX 2 since I have the 3P switch in use & the gear is my engine kill switch.

The purpose of this is to try a mix with an on/off switch so I can set up what I think is right & while in flight activate it (turn it on) see if I like it and if it is a problem I can turn in off. I need to mess with Rudder & Elevator mixing but not sure how much will help before it actually becomes a problem thus the on/off suggestion.

He said he has this set up on one of his (Non-Spektrum) radio but did not know how to do it on mine. I have read the manual, done several searches & browsed anything Spektrum that might offer a clue but no luck yet.

I have just tried in the menu but can not seem to get the Aux2 switch set to allow Rud & Elev to be mixed.

He uses this to test inputs & once he dials them in he enters them into the regular programming and frees up the switch to try something else.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can do this would be great.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2010, 09:32 PM

Default RE: DX7 mixing Rud to Elev with Aux2

<span style="font-size: small">
I have just tried in the menu but can not seem to get the Aux2 switch set to allow Rud &amp; Elev to be mixed.
Well Itried to see if Icould do it on my DX7, Icant mix it to my Aux2 switch. You can however mix it to turn on/off with the "Mix" Hold- Rudder DR on the DX7 Heli TX.

Hope this helps,
Les</span>
Old 08-29-2010, 07:13 AM

OK, I am not sure how that would work? I

know it has a mix but I use dual rates on the rudder? If I adjusted the rudder to a single rate & with maybe more expo that would free up the 2nd possition on that switch. Is that what you are refering to?

You think that would allow me to set this rudder/elev mixing up as an on/off switch by doing this?

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:49 AM

<span style="font-size: small">Well are your dual rates set to be on individual switches, aileron to aileron DR, elevator to elevator DR and so forth. If so you can combine your dual rates to a single switch be it the aileron, elev, or rudder.

Access the menu like your switching models. When your on your model, scroll with your left scroll button till you find the dual rates switch assingment. Set that to say elevator DR switch.

Exit that menu

Enter regular menu set up and now set your mix to the "Mix"Hold- Rudder DR switch. You can now turn on/off your Rudder/Elev mix.

Now you have dual rates on one switch instead of using 3 separate ones, thus freeing up your Rudder DRswitch to assign a mix too.

Hope this helps.

ALoha,
Les</span>