Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

K-210 on 2s lipo

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:40 PM
gapellegrini

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default K-210 on 2s lipo

Hi guys,

I have a plane with a turbine battery pack in a place I'm not willing to reach.

Can I fly my K-210 with this battery?

Will the only downside be the number of starts?

I need to change something on the ECU to use this battery?

Thanks in advance

Gabriel
Old 03-16-2015, 03:53 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ECU will not let it start due to low voltage. If you max charge it ( I can't remember it lowest it will work at) and it does start then I am sure it would flame out very quick due to reading low voltage. All of the G model kingtechs require a 3s life battery.

Sorry that it is a lot of trouble to change it.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

All of the G model kingtechs require a 3s life battery.
[/QUOTE]

Since when is this a requirement?

I had a K140G that i used a 5000Mah 2S 7.4 volt 45C Lipo pack on with out any problems and i could get 6 flights on it before recharge.

Last edited by Greg Wright; 03-17-2015 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:14 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I am just quoting the manual and what was told by Barry. I asked the same question when I had the 100g over a year ago and that is what I was told.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:18 PM
marquisvns

Gabriel, if you don't mind using only the top 30% of the capacity before you get failed starts while risking flooding the engine towards the end of the 30% capacity. We find that 3S LiFe is just a way better way to go about; it's flat discharge curve translates to less work for the ECU and therefore greater reliability. Further, the engines are already adjusted by the factory using 3S LiFe, with 2S LiPo, you may have to increase ignition pump pw in the start menu. Bottom line, you could probably make your 2S LiPo work for you, but it's not for everyone.

Barry
Old 03-16-2015, 05:22 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

While if its a good battery it will start on a 2Cell lipo a A123 LIFE is recommended. I have seen so many people report start problems but they are using a 2 cell lipo. Switch to LIFE and all is good. Gabriel if you battery is hard to get that's all the more reason to change it so you don't have to worry about a fire hazard with the lipo. Saw 2 lipo fires last year at Kentucky jets in the plane. I would get rid of it.

Also keep in mind the start is when the turbine gets the hottest and its very hard on the turbine. I would want the starter working as hard as it can on good voltage so the start is smoother and cooler. That means less wear and tear on the motor.

LOL i see Barry replied at the same time. What he said!
Old 03-17-2015, 03:07 AM
gapellegrini

Originally Posted by marquisvns
Gabriel, if you don't mind using only the top 30% of the capacity before you get failed starts while risking flooding the engine towards the end of the 30% capacity. We find that 3S LiFe is just a way better way to go about; it's flat discharge curve translates to less work for the ECU and therefore greater reliability. Further, the engines are already adjusted by the factory using 3S LiFe, with 2S LiPo, you may have to increase ignition pump pw in the start menu. Bottom line, you could probably make your 2S LiPo work for you, but it's not for everyone.

Barry
Barry,

With a 2s lipo 3000 can I make 3 flights before recharge?

Should I increase pw pump if I have some lost starts? Shoud I increase to how much?

I will change to life 3s. Just can't do it now.

Best,

Gabriel
Old 03-17-2015, 07:31 AM
marquisvns

Originally Posted by gapellegrini
Barry,

With a 2s lipo 3000 can I make 3 flights before recharge?

Should I increase pw pump if I have some lost starts? Shoud I increase to how much?

I will change to life 3s. Just can't do it now.

Best,

Gabriel
I think the 3000mAh pushing 3 flights maybe wishful, you may have to increase 10% at a time on the ignition pump pw until it starts during 2nd or 3rd start. The key is knowing when to abort the start before flooding occurs. The idea of operating our F/G model engines using 2s LiPo for the required discharge curve is just so wrong and unstable particularly during the start sequence. Once the engines starts, the remaining capacity of the pack will run the engine with no problem.

Regards,
Barry
Old 03-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey Barry, 'nuther quick battery voltage question for you; our favorite person has indicated on the thread above this one that the ECU doesn't get it's power from the ECU battery but from the PE and that a max voltage of 6.6 should not be exceeded. I've got the three cell LiFe battery from you guys for the ECU on my K210G, but the model is setup to run unregulated LiPo's, can you clarify the question having ro regulate power to the ECU which I'm guessing would be through the throttle connection?
Thanks