Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Self repairs again????

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 02:19 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Self repairs again????

Common guys!!!

Stop thinking you can take these turbines apart and put them back together to FACTORY SPEC!!! I just received another self repaired turbine with a note saying "turbine doesn't start". If you don't respect your health and safety, at least respect mine!!! Obviously when I get a turbine for no start, the 1st thing I do is set it up to see what is going on and why it doesn't start. When I set up this particular turbine, it went through the start process just fine. As it was starting I could feel a vibration getting worse the more it ramped up and by the time it hit running it was a bomb waiting to explode!! Obviously I shut it down about the time it hit running, but WHAT THE F HAPPENED TO IT DOESN"T START??? It's your turbines and you can do what you want with them, take them apart, kick them across a parking lot for all I care, but when you send them to me for an issue, be man enough to say you took it apart and it doesn't run or what ever, Don't put my life in danger because you want to be IRRESPONSIBLE!!! If you want your repair bills to go higher because I have to take them apart everytime to see if you tampered with it before I test run it, I can do that!!

This is where the balance was when i checked it. 58mg & 51mg out just by loosening the nuts and thinking you tightened them back where they were. 123,000RPM and you want to mess with this???

This is factory spec, below 1mg!!! BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

Dirk Flejter
KingTech Service U.S . & International
626-712-8751
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20150809_083741_resized.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2113619   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150809_085721_resized.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	967.6 KB
ID:	2113620  
Old 08-09-2015, 03:52 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I would charge them or refuse to fix it. I thought if you mess with the turbine trying to work on it yourself voids the warranty?
Old 08-09-2015, 07:34 PM
flejter1

Fender,

It does VOID the warranty if you tamper with them. It's hard to refuse service when you have no idea upfront that it's been tampered with. I don't want to have to charge everyone more because a few people want to endanger my life or the lives of techs at the Competitors. I personally don't want to be around a turbine if it goes into self destruct mode!! The few guys that are sending time bombs & booby traps to ANY repair facility is plain CRIMINAL!!! Obviously, I am pretty mad about this whole deal and it's not the 1st time time this has happened. This is the last thing I am going to say, If you can't afford to fix your turbine properly, go back to flying FOAMIES until you have the $$ to do proper repairs!!

Sheeesh!!

Dirk
Old 08-12-2015, 05:22 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a couple questions about vibrations and when to send it in for inspection, can I post them here?
Old 08-12-2015, 05:34 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35
I have a couple questions about vibrations and when to send it in for inspection, can I post them here?
Sure it might help get good info out for others.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:23 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

What does it take to knock them out of balance when flying? Hard landing? The crazy repeated bouncing landing? gear up landing? breaking retract mounts? Cartwheel?

I know to be safe it should always be sent in anytime something happens but is there a guideline we can follow? I mean I've seen people do cartwheels and keep going with the engine, are they pretty tough from this stuff if they don't take a physical hit?

I seen something about a bent starter mount and people bending them back but holy crap that's pretty severe. I am talking more of jolts, G forces and impacts on the jet that seem common and maybe not classified as a crash per se.

Everything I am talking about is where there is not damage around or on the engine itself and it stays running after the mishap.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:20 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Will wait for Dirks reply on this one.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:45 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dirk, you're absolutely justified and correct to be concerned about this. How irresponsible of the owner, or whomever had tried to work on it and not disclose such. Very happy to hear it didn't end worse! We all rely on you staying safe, buddy!
Old 08-13-2015, 06:47 AM
flejter1

essyou35,

That is a very good question. Even though the turbines are a highly precision piece of machinery, they are pretty durable. I would be more concerned for a high G impacts than a bouncing landings. If the hard landing manages to dent or bend any part of the turbine, I would send it in for a check up. The housing & exhaust cones are very strong and if the get dented there are probably more damages that you don't see internally. If the front cover gets dented, (it's just a front cover and the rotor spins ok) their is a lot of equipment under it (circuit boards, solenoid valves, wires etc.) that could sustain damage you don't know about and should be checked out. If you have a gear up landing in grass or dirt and you have a low intake that the turbine could vacuum up debris, you should send it in for a thorough cleaning. The bigger question you have to ask yourself, is are you willing to chance a $5,000 - ??? $$$ turbine by rolling the dice hoping nothing is wrong? Maybe you start it afterwards to check it out yourself and it started, but what if something is hanging by a thread and it fails when you put it in the air, is it worth losing an airframe & more?? Too me, I would spend the $50.00 to have it checked out, test ran and have a piece of mind knowing its all good the next time you take it out to fly.

Regards,

Dirk
KingTech Service