Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

New KingTech G2, ECU settings

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 10:09 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New KingTech G2, ECU settings

Ok Guys,This could be me gripping or me trying to save you some money, you pick...

I am getting New G2 engines sent in for starting issues. I am finding that these engines being sent in, have the start parameters changed to the OLD XICOY settings whether it is Diesel or Kero start. Our New KingTech ECU, DOES NOT SHARE THE SAME SETTINGS AS XICOY!!! I don't understand why I get phone calls from guys that just opened the box and wants to change the settings...VERY CONFUSED!! The factory sets up and test runs every single engine before it leaves the factory. The factory has spent a lot of time, energy and money to thoroughly test and configure the settings to work right out of the box. The factory does not put rogue start settings in the ECU seeing if you can figure out what to change to make the turbine start. PLEASE, Don't change anything until you run it the 1st time. If you have issue's call Barry or myself to help you out. Obviously, guys that live in high altitudes could have issues with being to rich but again, using XICOY settings from our older manuals will not help, but hinder even further. If you live in normal climates and altitudes, just run the engine as is, whether you use Diesel or Kero, you might be surprised how well they work right out of the box.

Cheers,

Dirk
Old 05-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Dirk - I haven't powered up my K45G2 yet but soon I hope.

On that note, does it make a difference that I will be running on Jet-A while the factory may have configured the engine on diesel or kero?
Old 05-11-2017, 09:59 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm running my K-140G2 as it came out of the box at 5000' on Jet-A1 and Kingtech oil without a problem. It runs incredibly well and has a ton of power. Leave it alone as you get it. It's fine...
Old 05-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't looked at the settings of my new K45... but is running great. So, I guess I should write down the current settings as a backup.

Just a thought... You may want to do a bulk email to any registered owners saying to not use the old settings, and download the new manual. (assuming that the settings are in it) Mine was shipped with the old V10 ecu manual.

Last edited by Dr Honda; 05-11-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:20 AM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good feedback! I agree with Dr Honda. A Kingtech newsletter update would be great. Easily done with registered owners and email accounts. I only found this with morning coffee. Otherwise I would have never known.

Thanks for the support update. New 140G2 at sea level about to get fired up!
Old 05-15-2017, 02:21 PM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Last edited by skymaster68; 05-18-2017 at 08:08 PM. Reason: wrong thread