Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Kingtech K-100 Pressure Ratio

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 03:06 PM
nlipchak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingtech K-100 Pressure Ratio

Hello, I need to buy a pressure transmitter to install in the turbine and I would like to know which is the pressure ratio.

I would be grateful if anyone can help me.

Best regards Name:  tongue.gif
Views: 310
Size:  1.0 KB
Old 08-31-2017, 06:06 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Typically the compressor case pressure is near the thrust. so a K100 I am guessing you would have case pressures in the 18-25LB range. Thats just a guess though.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:57 PM
gsmarino2000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pressure ratio doesn't have anything to do with thrust - you could have the same pressure ratio on a 22 lb thrust turbine and a 22000 lb thrust turbine. A modern, single stage centrifugal compressor in this size range should be running a PR around 5 or 6. Meaning that the CDP would be around 5 or 6 bar. For reference the original Whittle turbojets were around 4.6, the JT8D was around 16 and the latest generation turbofans are around 40.

Greg