Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

Broken Xicoy Data Cable Plug on Turbine

Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

Broken Xicoy Data Cable Plug on Turbine

Old 11-25-2017, 06:30 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Broken Xicoy Data Cable Plug on Turbine

I just broke the data cable plug that fits into the turbine on my K-210G with Xicoy ECU.

What type of plug connector is it and what crimp tool do I need to replace it.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 11-26-2017, 04:26 AM
rcflyguy_26
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talking about the green 6 pin? That is a Multiplex connector. Wires are soldered in place.

I believe the other one is a phone connector or Ethernet... not sure which.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:49 AM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by rcflyguy_26
Are you talking about the green 6 pin? That is a Multiplex connector. Wires are soldered in place.

I believe the other one is a phone connector or Ethernet... not sure which.
Its not the Multiplex power connector. That would be easy to fix. It the data connector on the flat cable that looks like a hard wire phone plug but with more wires. Last night friend told me he thought it was a Cat 5 RJ45 connector. Just trying to confirm that.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2017, 11:35 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Its not the Multiplex power connector. That would be easy to fix. It the data connector on the flat cable that looks like a hard wire phone plug but with more wires. Last night friend told me he thought it was a Cat 5 RJ45 connector. Just trying to confirm that.

Thanks
I think it is an RJ45 connector for computer networking and such. You'll need the crimpers which usually will do the R11 phone jack stuff and the RJ45 computer stuff. I'm not sure where I'd look first as I've not played with that stuff for some time, but Best Buy might be a good starting place?