Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > KingTech Turbines International
Reload this Page >

learn RC problem with Futaba 18 MZ

Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

learn RC problem with Futaba 18 MZ

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 12:43 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default learn RC problem with Futaba 18 MZ

I am having a small issue with RC learning of a brand new K 45 G3 M. My TX is a Futaba 18MZ.
Although I never had problem setting other kingtech turbines with my radio, i have encountered a strange issue with trim setting.

Firstly I have reversed Throttle as usual on Futaba radios, increased the steps on the trim to be able to start/shutdown turbine quickly without having to go through the whole length of the trim but problem relies with trim setting itself; full trim down turbine stops when I apply a couple of clicks GSU shows turbine ready but as soon as I go past mid-throttle trim, GSU shows again throttle idle… Despite this fact, I was able to make 2 successful runs/flights with throttle trim in mid position.

I am almost sure that this is related to a setting on the radio, but i don't want to take the chance with trial and error attempts, therefore prefer if someone had a the same problem and solved it.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-29-2023, 03:23 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

For those interested in the subject, i was able to solve my problem. In the trim setting of the Throttle you can have it either combine or separate. when i set it to separate, throttle trim behaved normally and issue was solved. Re learned RC and all seem to be working flawlessly. i will be testing turbine tomorrow hopefully.