Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

differences between G2/G3/G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 10:42 AM
natxo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default differences between G2/G3/G4

Hello

I'm looking to increase my hangar adding a second turbine, i wanted to buy a second hand one, occasionally i see offers from G2 versions and i tried to search for the differences between the models but im unable to find those.

Can someone point me to where i can read the differences between those versions? Or tell me thoseż

Regards,
Jose
Old 11-17-2023, 05:27 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

G2 is the entry of the Kingtech ÉCU external to the motor, and brush motor on both the Starter and Pump

G3 was limited to a couple small motor

G4 ECU in the motor with DRM (data relay modul) pump is still brush, but starter is brushless and the FOD screen is integrated

G4+ same as G4 with the added Brushless pump….
Old 11-30-2023, 06:25 AM
MFIGHT43

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a "G" only model, as in G1? I notice some of them have more of a gold color on the can like this one:

Old 11-30-2023, 03:04 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

For lack of a better explanation; there is no "G1" version. It's just the original as it's just a "G". Changes/improvements started coming with the "G2" version.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:06 PM
MFIGHT43

So the above pic would be an "original"?
Old 12-01-2023, 05:30 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by MFIGHT43
So the above pic would be an "original"?
That is a G2
Old 12-07-2023, 01:22 PM
mauryr

Originally Posted by Zeeb
For lack of a better explanation; there is no "G1" version. It's just the original as it's just a "G". Changes/improvements started coming with the "G2" version.
G marked the introduction of valves under the cover and was a pretty big step up with red parts over brown cans and better acceleration times. Before that they had the gold parts and external everything. They even had a gas start and kero start version, but I don't remember the codes, might have been F (fuel start).
Starting from the G2 version I believe, KT moved away from the older xicoy ECU and into their own version of it with color GSU.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:26 PM
mauryr

Originally Posted by MFIGHT43
Is there a "G" only model, as in G1? I notice some of them have more of a gold color on the can like this one:

The gold color on the can just means this engine has many hours... New engines are dark brown, then the paint slowly fades starting from the exhaust side into a more yellow/golden hue. The bracket dissipates heat differently and protects the paint a little bit more, so if you move the bracket on an engine with a few hours of run time, you'll be able to see the mark left on the old position.
Old 12-09-2023, 07:02 AM
Dansy

Still a G2 because of the ÉCU and GSU…….that engine might have been repair and the can is just that a can…..