Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Craft Air Cowboy Build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Craft Air Cowboy Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 07:52 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Craft Air Cowboy Build

Yes, the Scout is a rare bird! FC, yours is the ONLY other one I have ever seen. I had the plans for years but don't have them any more. It is a Cowboy with a low wing, flat bottom. Mine was very light and it flew fantastic off grass with an OS Max 25 bushing engine. Flew it for years. If you find plans for it, I'd like a copy in order to build another one.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:07 AM
fc227

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea , So did mine , I over powered it, Went to do a loop @ WOT plane went up right wing snapped off. DOH!

Converted it to a electric with a Neo 480-1000 motor and 4 cell lipo.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Scirocco14

ORIGINAL: thailazer

Yes, the Scout is a rare bird! FC, yours is the ONLY other one I have ever seen. I had the plans for years but don't have them any more. It is a Cowboy with a low wing, flat bottom. Mine was very light and it flew fantastic off grass with an OS Max 25 bushing engine. Flew it for years. If you find plans for it, I'd like a copy in order to build another one.
Here's another Scout 15. Kit purchased off of Ebay for $20 shipped.

Built the first wing, sold it to FC227. Scratched out the 2nd wing.

In the process of covering it now, can't wait to fly it with a Fox .15.

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56935.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1735077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49608.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1735078  
Old 12-08-2014, 03:28 PM
thailazer

Any updates on these Cowboy and Scout builds? My Scout bash is here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scra...s-project.html Love seeing the Craft Air DNA in these old build photos.

Last edited by thailazer; 12-08-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:31 PM
fix-n-fly
My Feedback: (1)

Hello - I realize this is an old thread, but I just bought a Craft-Air Cowboy that didn't have an instruction manual. I might be able to figure it out, but would appreciate it if anyone has a copy I could buy or get from them.

thank you,
Fix-n-fly
Old 07-23-2018, 06:41 PM
thailazer

Congrats on the Cowboy! Most of the Craft Air kits had the instructions printed right on the plan sheet. Have you unrolled them to take a look to see what is there?
Old 07-27-2018, 09:20 AM
fix-n-fly

Hi thailazer - yes I have unrolled them - but only drawings. I also have the scout which has instructions printed at the top of the plans - this one doesn't have that. I can figure out the assembly of the horizonal and vertical stabilizer and associated rudder and elevator, can probably figure out the wing, but may have some difficulty with the fuselage - especially since it shows assembly in a single drawing for both flat bottomed wing and semi-symetrical wing shapes.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:05 AM
thailazer

Originally Posted by fix-n-fly
Hi thailazer - yes I have unrolled them - but only drawings. I also have the scout which has instructions printed at the top of the plans - this one doesn't have that. I can figure out the assembly of the horizonal and vertical stabilizer and associated rudder and elevator, can probably figure out the wing, but may have some difficulty with the fuselage - especially since it shows assembly in a single drawing for both flat bottomed wing and semi-symetrical wing shapes.
Got it. Fire away with questions or images here and I am sure someone can help. I like all the Craft Air kits, with the exception of the Mystique that I just built. The wing attach was just funky, and I reworked the whole thing. Great flying ship however. BTW, if the Scout is still in kit form, I would be interested in it if you would make it available. Send a PM if so. Loved the one I had decades ago.

Last edited by thailazer; 07-28-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:49 AM
fix-n-fly

Hi thailazer - when you say "if the Scout is still in kit form, I would be interested in it if you would make it available." Are you talking about plans? I only have one kit but could possibly work to get a copy of the plans for you. You would need to tell me if you want them in paper form sent to you or electronic form. I doubt seriously that Craft-Air is still making the kit.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:32 AM
thailazer

Fix-n-fly... I sent you a PM but not sure if RCU messaging is working correctly as they don't show up in my "Sent" box. Let me know if you didn't get it. I did get your two messages.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:56 AM
fix-n-fly

Hi Thailazer - thanks - I am having the same issue with getting PMs to you as well. Agreed to your plan. Let me know if you get my response. If I don't receive a PM from you by Friday, will suggest going to email and will provide my email address here.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:35 AM
thailazer

Originally Posted by fix-n-fly
Hi Thailazer - thanks - I am having the same issue with getting PMs to you as well. Agreed to your plan. Let me know if you get my response. If I don't receive a PM from you by Friday, will suggest going to email and will provide my email address here.
Got the tracking info and Thank You again. I am still pinching myself that I will be able to build another Scout after all these years. As I mentioned before, that plane taught me more about flying and touch-and-go's than any other plane as I was getting into the hobby. Going to relish that build, and make it a long one!
Old 02-23-2020, 03:14 PM
FlyinTime

Default Throws

Hey guys, I KNOW this is an antique thread but,,,, I have this kit and wanted to put it together. The instructions didn't have any suggested throws so I thought I would ask you guys with experience what you have found to be good starting points. I am building it with ailerons. Thanks in advance, Bruce