Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Japanese Aerobatic kit?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Japanese Aerobatic kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 02:21 AM
HoovDriver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Japanese Aerobatic kit?

A fellow at our club had a real nice looking aerobatic plane. He said it was a kit and that he built it and covered it himself. It wasnt a replica of any real life plane. Said it was a japanese company. Looked to be a .40-.46 size, possibly .60 something. Looked similar to a MAgic if I had to compare it to a U.S kit. Anyways I want to order a new kit tonight as I want to get started in building and I really admired his kit, only problems are that I cannot remember the name and he rarely is at the field, any help would be great. Also I am open to kit suggestions, I love building things, it's my first kit. I am now flying an Avistar trianer and dont worry this isnt my 2nd plane or anything I just want to start building as I cant wait to get into scale military once I am confident in my building abilities. Well I hope someone knows the kits name, thanks.

ZK
Old 08-18-2003, 03:39 AM
steveg_oz

MK make a line a beautiful aerobatic kits. They have a .50 size Synergy and a .90 size Skyward.

Try Singapore Hobbies for a listing.

Steve
Old 08-18-2003, 07:58 AM
Sprink

Pilot make some nice aerobatic kits. They are also sold by Singapor Hobbies, or by the Model Rectifier Corp in the US.

http://www.singahobby.com/
http://www.modelrec.com/
Old 08-18-2003, 02:25 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Zac,

Be careful when it comes to choosing a kit. One of the best known japanese Kit Manufacturers is Maratuka (AKA Royal). They make very good scale kits, but they are what is known as "Builders Kits", which is a nice way of saying "You get a box of wood, and some plans and little to no instruction and you had better be a craftsman to put it together"

If you want to start building war planes, may I suggest Great Planes, or Top Flight Kits. They build well, and they have several nice warbirds.

PS Build and fly one of their advanced trainers first. Building is like flying, you need to do the easy ones first.

Here are a few links:

http://www.top-flite.com/airplanes/topa0101.html

http://www.top-flite.com/airplanes/topa0145.html

http://www.top-flite.com/airplanes/topa0160.html

http://www.top-flite.com/airplanes/topa0120.html

http://www.top-flite.com/airplanes/topa0135.html

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma0435.html

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma0177.html

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma0175.html

Good Luck!
Old 08-18-2003, 02:28 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The other problem with some of the coolest kits I have built from Japan is that the instructions and everything are printed in Japanese. OK if you have built, but a pain if not. Some great kits though.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:27 PM
HoovDriver

Default Japanese kit

The plane in question is more along the lines of a magic or U can do. I just loved the way it was built, semi see through covering and the framework was outstanding. It looked like a great first build as it wasnt scale and didnt need to replicate anything. I will ask the club member next time I see him as to how good of a kit it was and whatnot. I found a Midwest AT-6 texan for sale NIB $200 and it is just up in LA so only about 2-3 hour drive for me. I might take him up on the offer we'll see. But I definately wanted ot get a kit that wasnt a scale plane for my first kit. What is your guys take on the super stearman by Midwest, I know it is scale but I think of all the Bi's it is one of the sweatest lookin out there. Just another kit I have my eye on is all.

ZK
Old 08-18-2003, 07:17 PM
BeauMiller
My Feedback: (18)

Default Pilot Seduction Freestyle.......

ZK......did it look like this?

http://www.modelrec.com/products/rcP...%20PILOT/LAZER
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	102642_14868.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	57907  
Old 08-18-2003, 07:20 PM
BeauMiller

Default Pilot Seduction Wildstyle.....

.....Or like this?

http://www.modelrec.com/products/rcP...%20PILOT/LAZER
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	102643_14868.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	57908  
Old 08-18-2003, 08:34 PM
MinnFlyer

I was going to say that it sounded like he was decribing a Seduction.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:36 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you are both wrong. It is this one. One of the prettiest things I've seen, just can't find a japanese shop to sell it to me.

http://www.yukari.ne.jp/rc-ken/03hobby/DSCF0029.JPG
Old 08-18-2003, 10:21 PM
HoovDriver

Default Seduction it is..

You are all awesome, I knew you guys knew what I was talking about. Minn flyer I have been admiring the Top Flight warbirds for a long time now, just want to get a non scale build under my belt before I start building scale. Splais that kit is definately a beautiful kit but Beaumiller hit it right on the nose. I remember that seduction decal on the nose of his plane now. It was most definately a Seduction. i appreciate all your help and brainstem power. I will be ordering one of the two kits tonight either the Lazer seduction freestyle or the wild style, probably the wild style as I like the tail section detail a bit more. Just one more question, what do you think about these seduction kits? Thanks again for all the help.

ZK
Old 08-18-2003, 10:39 PM
HoovDriver

Default Where si the listed price on Singapore hobbies websight?

I have been poined to both Singapore hobby as well as MRC to buy this kit. MRC is charging $155 and shipping I would imagine. Someone on here said Singapore hobbies is cheaper even after shipping. Only wierd thing is I cant find any prices on their website. Any ideas where to get their price listing or where to get this kit at the best price? Thanks

ZK
Old 08-18-2003, 10:44 PM
HoovDriver

Default Best so far $155.00 feee shipping

Ok it actually looks liek MRC is $155.00 and free shipping on orders over $100 so I think they will get the purchase, still open for suggestions though. Thanks

ZK
Old 08-18-2003, 11:42 PM
MinnFlyer

Zac, The Seductions are supposed to be fantastic. I would have one now, but I've been so busy doing reviews of other planes that I just haven't had time. (But I do have one on my dream sheet! )

PS Do a search here at RCU for "Seduction". There was a HUGE thread about it a while ago.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:47 AM
BeauMiller

ZK....

I would just get it from MRC for now. I got my Freestyle and Wildstyle kits from Singapore Hobby. You just email them what you want and they'll let you know the price in Singapore dollars. I got them for around $150-155 each shipped. MRC recently lowered their prices a whole lot probably due to this competition. The kits were like $190 or so just a few months ago.

Only downside is the picture-only instruction sheet. Doesn't look too hard, but it might help if you get an experienced builder to look it over with you first.

One more thing....the Freestyle is a pattern/3D hybrid while the Wildstyle is a fun fly/3D hybrid. Get the right one for your preferred flying style.

Have fun!!!
Old 08-19-2003, 03:17 AM
HoovDriver

Default Beaumiller / FAIP ??

hey Miller are you a FAIP up in Enid? I recently recieved my wings in the Navy, flying S-3's now. Anyways I had three real good buddies go through Enid flying the 37's they just got their wings as well about 6 months ago. If you are a faip up there let me know Ill drop you their names in a private message, just think it would be cool if you knew em, small world and all.

ZK

P.S squat to pee flair to land, j/k
Old 08-19-2003, 03:19 AM
HoovDriver

Default flare not flair

P.S Squat to pee flare to land is what I was thinking LOL anyways i just want a plane to mess around with I think the wildstyle is what i have decided to go with. I really like the see through construction of it better anyways.

ZK
Old 08-19-2003, 03:24 AM
HoovDriver

Default Just ordered the seduction wildstyle

Can't wait

ZK
Old 08-19-2003, 03:46 AM
BeauMiller

ZK,

Yes, I was lucky enough to be one of the chosen few picked for a sweet 3 year FAIP tour! Do get lots of IP time and all though. If they flew tweets and went through the 8th there is a good chance I flew with your buddies. Drop me a PM with the info. BTW, our former SQ/CC was a Hoover driver. We had a good time while he was in charge! You enjoying that hardship tour out in San Diego?

I think you'll enjoy the Wildstyle. What engine you plan on using? The plans show a Saito .56 4c. An OS .52, YS 53, YS 63, and Saito .72 might also work.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:53 AM
HoovDriver

Default Cool deal

Well I am an O.S. man for no other reason than I think they are a great company. And there is no reason I think that other than I have never owned anything but O.S. So that means the one engine I have owned and currently own is an O.S. I guess what I am saying is I own one, (1) O.S. .46 FX currently in my avistar trainer so I was thinking an O.S. engine would be tops. LOL what I am really saying is that I am a real newbie and have no idea but unless there is some engine other than an O.S. that will work better for this application I will go that route. And yes the duty out here in San Diego is terrible, woe is me.

ZK

I am gonna PM you those guys names
Old 08-19-2003, 05:41 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Zak:

If you don't mind the needless expense, stay with the OS 46 FX.

But if you would like near as dammit the same engine for $40 less, get the Magnum XLS 46.

I have both.

Bill.