Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Svenson Fly Boy & Mini Boy Plan(s)

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Svenson Fly Boy & Mini Boy Plan(s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 11:17 AM
thegliderflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Svenson Fly Boy & Mini Boy Plan(s)

Hi

About 10years ago I bought of a friend a SVENSON FLY BOY full built and covered in nylon and dope. Unfortunatly it has now developeed a slight case of hanger rash and therefore needs some attention, which I started and would like to know if anyone still has a copy of the plan for this model, unfortunately it dates pre-1973.

Very soon after I got the FLY BOY, I took a trip to the LMH only to almost stand on and cruch, a box that had been just left on the shop floor, waiting to be moved... Of course on looking down there staring at me was a SVENSON MINI BOY (Release date of 1973-74) the baby brother of the FLY BOY, still untouched in it's original box so I grabbed it looked at the price tag and said quietly I don't care how much you are your mine, popped it on trhe counter and handed over the paper stuff.... When I got home I carefully opened the box, and to my surprise everything was there, inc all fittings ect.... only the problem was all the instructions were in French, so my wife started to translate themm for me as we had no intention of building this baby boy, but to make a copy of it and build that..... But there was a major snag.... NO PLAN, so again can someone help me with this a photocopy, PDF or JPG of both plans would do I don't mind.... But the time has come when I need these...

I would be very grateful if someone could help me or point me in the right direction for these two plans, so I can bring back to life a little bit of vintage modeling...

Many Thanks

Neil
Old 08-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Bongai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Svenson Fly Boy & Mini Boy Plan(s)

Hello Neil,

http://www.avonds.com/Contact.htm

Philip Avonds, who sells jet kits, has a vintage kits collection. Amongst his treasures, he has a Mini-Boy:

http://www.avonds.com/Svenson%20Fly-Boy%20(new%20kit).JPG

He may be willing to help you out.

Good luck,

Michel