Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

HOB fw 190 question

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

HOB fw 190 question

Old 06-17-2013, 11:20 AM
pitts M 12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOB fw 190 question

I'm am working on a HoB FW 190 (electric conversion) and I have very little idea how to cover the airplane with the whole upper fuselage being a formed, clear plastic piece. The covering I'm using is ultracote parklite. Also is it viable to spray paint onto a film type covering.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:04 AM
guamflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HOB fw 190 question

some will some won't..be sure to test..I built a couple of the 51's and tried a couple diferent ways..one I actually painted on the outside, well it looked like crap so I covered it with the ultralite parkflyer film from tower. looked better than i thought. the best ones are painted on the inside of the turtle deck. needs to match though..eventually I built the deck with balsa with one flaw, the tail was too light had to add weight on the tail. the plastic turtle deck seems to serve a dual purpose..

guamflyer

P-40 bro #5