Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Piper Info needed

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Piper Info needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 02:55 PM
oldbassard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piper Info needed

I thought I'd already posted this question. I guess I did something wrong. At any rate. The Telemaster is almost finished. I am thinking about a Great Planes J3 and converting it to a Super cub . I was wondering if I will need to alter the barn door ailerons to put flaps on. Also I guess I need to clip the wings some? I did see the real J3 has a wider wingspan than the Super cub
Old 11-20-2013, 01:52 AM
dadragon

you dont clip the wing you shorten the ailaron by 1 rib on the inside ofcoarse then from the fuse to the ailaron with your flaps.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:33 AM
bikerbc

The ailerons on my Hanger 9 PA18 are 25 1/2" long with 15 1/2" flaps , the ailerons on my Sig quarter scale J3 Cub are 25 1/2" long with 17 " of room left on the wing . The ailerons on my Quarter Scale B.U.S.A. J3 Cub are 26 1/2" long with 19" left on the wing . So it seems to me the ailerons are a standard size on a full size wing . I believe the super Cub and J3 can have the same wing span unless either one is clipped .. My PA18 and my J3's wing span's are both 109 "