Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Telemaster 40 plans not quite right, but almost done

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Telemaster 40 plans not quite right, but almost done

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 07:45 AM
oldbassard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telemaster 40 plans not quite right, but almost done

Hey Gang

I have almost finished my Telemaster 40 V2. When I took the wing halves off the plans and test fitted the joiners, I noticed the joiners are about 3/8 longer than the wing halves. So I test fitted the joiners into the fuselage and the joiners were correct in length. I think what caused the problem, the plans are from a bygone era when the wing was attached with rubber bands to fly.

At any rate this is my first build in over 20 years and I was surprised by how bad I have done just to be honest. But I think it will fly. At one point I had my brother to come over and give me a hand, he loaded his welding machine, cutting torches and grinders and came to help. When I figure out how all the tools helped , I'll let you know. I think the welder and things are like a security blanket. Ask him to go fishing, he brings the welder. Ask him to go flying RC airplanes, he brings the welder. So you get it.

At any rate, I thought a heads up on the wing chord might help someone here or maybe this was a chance to vent and maybe just say it's almost finished.

My promise to the airplane gods, I will try to have it off the table by next week and get started on that Sig 4 star 120 that has been setting for two years.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:21 AM
swify

Telemasters are nice flying planes from what I have heard. I have a Sig 4 star 120 that took me nearly 20 years to finish for various reasons but done now. I was painting the wing on it in my garage late in the summer. One of the neighbors noticed me and thought I was working a on a surf board.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Bipenut49
My Feedback: (41)

I have built and am building the telemaster 40 and I also built the Sr. Telemaster and am flying it. The last 4 telemasters I have scratch built and have the original plans. I also have the v2 plans that do me no good as I like the original better. Great flying airplane and you can use a wide variety of engines. My favorite set up is with a OS FS-90 4 stroke and with flaps. The airplane will do anything you ask of it! Have fun with your build!
Dennis
Old 11-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Like em too

Telemaster 40 and 66 both fly well best trainer ever Saito .56 this is my telemaster on floats.

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1940347  
Old 11-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Bipenut49

Very nice! and I agree they are the best trainer ever! And a complete joy to fly. The last one I built I put a OS 40sf on it and flew great and he is still flying that plane!
Dennis
Old 11-18-2013, 04:06 PM
oldbassard

This Tellemaster I am just finishing up, isn't my first. About 20 year ago, I built a Senior Telemaster and flew it. Which is the reason I decided to do another.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Bipenut49

You wont regret it!!