Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

AMR 100" Twin 30cc powered kit

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

AMR 100" Twin 30cc powered kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 03:22 PM
jbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John, I have one of these running twin 55's on it. After 54 flights the horizontal stab broke in half. The stab is 3/8" balsa. I'm in the process of rebuilding the plane and gave the horizontal stab a 1/32" of ply for some strength. I also found the vertical stab had become weak and installed some flying wires between the stabs. I placed the rudder server in the tail along with the elevator servos expecting the plane to come up nose heavy after putting 55's on for motors. Big mistake, the plane came out tail heavy and required 2lbs of ballast in the nose. Your idea of using three 35's sounds cool. You'd end up with about the same weight as my bird less all the ballast up front. I've never weighed mine so I'm not sure of the overall weight but the 55's haul it around with authority. I run my my motors from a central fuel tank in the fuselage to avoid having multiple tanks to worry about. You could do the same thing with three motors. Use MPI quick disconnects for the fuel lines.