Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Official Great Planes Ultimate .40 Build Thread!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Official Great Planes Ultimate .40 Build Thread!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 11:32 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMehalko
Hmmm... might have to order one up
I'm thinking the same thing. I've got several projects (two ARFs, one kit) to do first, but it might be a good idea to acquire this kit now before it gets discontinued.

It doesn't take much vision to see that e-power is fast surpassing glow and gas; look how many kits and ARFs have disappeared in the last five years. Plug and play foamies are what folks are buying the most of, these days… and the vendors are following the money. If you arecontemplating building a currently-available kit… better get it now, methinks.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:18 PM
spiceflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been building my ultimate for 6 years... on and off.. I have a satio 82 that im putting in it... I left the hobby because ive been flying ultralight's.. But now im getting back into it... Just bought an escapade to get me back flying.. So this summer my ultimate will fly... I hope the satio 82 wont be to much for it....
Old 12-28-2015, 10:27 AM
spiceflyer

man this thred just died right out..
Old 01-03-2016, 11:01 PM
NorfolkSouthern

I had an Ultimate kit a couple years ago, but ended up having to sell it. It was a beautiful kit. I'm assuming it went to a collector, because nothing was heard or seen about it since. I also have a Hangar-9 Tango that I ended up selling with the Ultimate kit. At this point, I guess I feel that I got taken advantage of. So, I am out of this hobby and down to one ARF that has not been out of its box: A Great Planes Extra 300SP. It will probably never fly. And if it ever does, it will have to be registered to the FAA as an aircraft. I think the whole R/C hobby is slowly dying.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:30 AM
flygilmore

Yep, sorry about that guys......I've been so busy that I haven't touched ANY of my plane projects in months! I've been doing this for 20yrs. so every now and then, I need a break from it. Hopefully, I'll get back on it. The plane is framed up and RTC. I had a nice shiny new OS .55AX for it but sold the blame thing. Now, I'll have to get another when the time comes Lol!
Old 03-22-2016, 05:59 AM
flygilmore

So, I picked back up on the Ultimate the other day. Somehow, back last year when I glued in the h-stab, it ever so slightly shifted on me and ended up being about 3/16" off on one side (crooked to fuse). Well, this has bugged me to no end so I got out the Dremel and dug out the stab. I'll be building a new one shortly. I'll keep the thread updated any time that I do any work to the plane.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:29 AM
RICKSTUBBZ

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by flygilmore
So, I picked back up on the Ultimate the other day. Somehow, back last year when I glued in the h-stab, it ever so slightly shifted on me and ended up being about 3/16" off on one side (crooked to fuse). ..........................
I hate it when that happens....
Sadly, the only way to fix it is by doing what you have done....
Old 03-24-2016, 10:14 AM
flygilmore

Yeah, the bad thing tho, is that no one would have noticed either.....BUT I KNEW and that's the worst of all Lol!!! I'll make sure it's spot on this go around.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:35 AM
spiceflyer

Im sorry you feel this way... But I feel that your wrong.. The hobby has evolved, into some avenues that I don't care for.. Like the drones and such... But the hobby is very much alive.. I still fly nitro and been getting killer ebay deals on sweet 4 strokes... Why did you sell your ulitamate?

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
I had an Ultimate kit a couple years ago, but ended up having to sell it. It was a beautiful kit. I'm assuming it went to a collector, because nothing was heard or seen about it since. I also have a Hangar-9 Tango that I ended up selling with the Ultimate kit. At this point, I guess I feel that I got taken advantage of. So, I am out of this hobby and down to one ARF that has not been out of its box: A Great Planes Extra 300SP. It will probably never fly. And if it ever does, it will have to be registered to the FAA as an aircraft. I think the whole R/C hobby is slowly dying.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:42 AM
spiceflyer

I was putting an satio 80 in mine.. But then I won a satio golden night 91 on ebay for a song... same case and head size as the 80.. Just more power...cant wait.. I will be done very soon.... I also bought fiberglass cowel and pants

Originally Posted by flygilmore
Yep, sorry about that guys......I've been so busy that I haven't touched ANY of my plane projects in months! I've been doing this for 20yrs. so every now and then, I need a break from it. Hopefully, I'll get back on it. The plane is framed up and RTC. I had a nice shiny new OS .55AX for it but sold the blame thing. Now, I'll have to get another when the time comes Lol!
Old 02-18-2019, 11:41 AM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

any progress?