Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Did you build the mini telemaster with right or down thrust?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Did you build the mini telemaster with right or down thrust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 11:16 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Did you build the mini telemaster with right or down thrust?

I don't know if the more recent $89 mini telemaster kit has any down thrust or right thrust built into it, but I'm building a 12 year old kit that has no thrust angles whatsoever. If you guys tell me your mini-T flys fine without it, then I'll mount the electric motor straight as per the old plans.

While there's not a lot of info in the searches about down or right thrust, there is a heck of a lot of comment about how the plane doesn't take much warp on it's surfaces to fly poorly to one side or cork-screw. The plane is small with delicate balsa surfaces that warp and twist easy during the covering. I dunno if they left right/down thrust out of the plans for the purposes of easier building for beginners, or if just flys best that way. Without your input about how well your plane flys with thrust, I'd follow the plans and leave it out. (...... and build it without warps too if possible!! LOL)
Old 06-15-2015, 05:35 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If it is a tail dragger, right thrust is always a good thing. As for down thrust, I would fly the plane and see if it is needed. If it is you can always add a couple of washers behind the motor... Good Luck, Dave