Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Need to know the Kadet Sr length of the fuse built from the kit.

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Need to know the Kadet Sr length of the fuse built from the kit.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 02:30 PM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need to know the Kadet Sr length of the fuse built from the kit.

Was wondering if the standard Kadet SR fuselage built from a kit will fit in the back bench seat of my truck. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to fuss making a wing tube for easy transport if the fuse won't easily fit in my truck.

I'm not sure if the ARF version is the same and so I prefer it to be the home built kit version measurement that you are providing. If anybody can provide the measurement from the rear edge of the elevator to the front edge of the fuse or to the tip of the prop spinner or prop nut, I'd appreciate it. If you can provide the measurement, Kindly mention if it's from rear elevator edge to the fuse nose tip, or rear elevator edge to the tip of the spinner or prop nut. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Top_Gunn

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

57 and 7/8 inches from the back edge of the elevator to the left top of the firewall. Distances in front of the firewall will depend on the engine you use and where you put it on the mount. The firewall has a lot of right thrust and down thrust built in, so the left side is farthest forward. It would be easy to build it a little shorter if you need to.

Last edited by Top_Gunn; 11-14-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:10 PM
rustyrivet

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another guy provided a link to a Sig Kadet advertisement, and I didn't realize that Sig provides it in their stats. They say it's 62". So, I guess if you add about 4" of nose to about 58", then the 62" is what we get. Still another guy told me 64.5" to the tip of the spinner. But he has a pre molded cowl, and so I think that's an ARF plane. Thanks.

Last edited by rustyrivet; 11-14-2016 at 06:13 PM.