Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

M.E.N. Buzzard Bombshell instructions needed

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

M.E.N. Buzzard Bombshell instructions needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 01:23 AM
DRCRAIG
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M.E.N. Buzzard Bombshell instructions needed

Greetings all,
I am in need of the building instructions for the M.E.N. Buzzard Bombshell kit (not the plan).
I am more than willing to pay for copying and mailing costs.
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:31 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Copyright? I'm always curious why people come on these forums asking about copying plans, etc, without acknowledging that they have already tried the supplier. I'm also floored by the number of people who respond with "Sure, I won't even look for a copyright notice."
Old 08-11-2017, 09:04 AM
mgnostic

Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts

Looks like Model Engineering of Norwalk (M.E.N.) is long gone. The copy right for the instruction manual is probably not an issue, especially since OP is just wanting a copy for personal use. Since this is an antique/golden age design you might have better luck over in the golden age forum on this site. Your best bet is finding a collector with a complete kit.The Bombshell is an old design dating back to around 1940 and there have been several variants and sizes of the basic design. Looking at one of the plans sharing websites shows five different variations, at least one of which has a build article that would at least help with setup and balancing. Apparently there is a manual since it is pictured in several old ads for collectible kits that a google search revealed. I do agree with rgburrill when it applies to current production kits and plans but not such a big deal when it comes to a 35 year old kit that came from somebodies' closet.